What kind of portable HDD do you have?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MarcinK95, Jun 19, 2012.

1. MarcinK95 macrumors newbie

I recently ordered an Airport Extreme Base Station online and I would like to purchase a Portable/External HDD so I can share files across my network. I was wondering what kind of HDD's do you guys have. I'm looking for something that will look nice on top or next the AEBS.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. MarcinK95 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Mr.anonymous1 macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of buying a portable hard drive preferably 1tb, I have found this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00829THO6...e=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B00829THO6
    It says it works interchangeably with windows and mac, without reformatting thanks to the included driver software that allows Macs to read and write NTFS.
    Is the interchangeability something that every hard drive has, like say something from Western Digital? or Is it exclusively for seagate?
    The Seagate Backup Plus looks the best to me. Anyone have any input on this, thanks!

5. Rorlow macrumors member

I have a OWC Mercury Elite Pro, 1.5 TB firewire 800, and love it, quite & fast. For the road I have a 500 GB GTech G-Drive slim that I use with my MBA. I also have a 2 TB BlackArmour NAS that works well as media storage for Plex & Boxee.