Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fourkill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
California!!!!!!
I currently own a Rev A 1.86Ghz MBA with a 60GB Stock SSD and its just not cutting it anymore. I've looked around at SSDs but I wanted to get other peoples opinions on what kinds of SSDs have worked and others... that haven't =)

USAF - 1

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
I believe the only company making a SSD compatible with the Rev A is Runcore. You cannot use a SSD compatible with a B or C model with the REV A, they have different connectors.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
The Runcore SSD could give you up to 128 GB of space; it's offered in 32, 64, 128 GB sizes. Good luck with whatever option you choose.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Scottsdale he didn't say he wanted a HDD, pay attention.
I'd also avoid Photofast as they're not used enough, if at all, in the MBAirs. I'd go Runcore even despite the reports of shoddy customer service.

OP, what's "not cutting it" about your current SSD?

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Scottsdale he didn't say he wanted a HDD, pay attention.
I'd also avoid Photofast as they're not used enough, if at all, in the MBAirs. I'd go Runcore even despite the reports of shoddy customer service.

OP, what's "not cutting it" about your current SSD?

You are correct. I was confused from the beginning with that reply. I was messed up from rev A and 1.86 and it all went downhill from there. Ha ha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.