What laptop bag do you have and why?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by phrehdd, Dec 14, 2015.

1. phrehdd, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015

phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

Everybody has different tastes in how to travel with their laptops. What did you choose for your Macbook and why?

This is what I use for short drives to clients - It is minimal yet has enough room for my Macbook Pro 15" plus, external drives, slim blue ray reader, and some tools. What I trade in minimal padding is that I can use the Macbook inside of the case as it opens attache case style.

This is the Thule Gauntlet 15 (somewhat made for the Macbook Pro 15" with a snug fit). It has a minimalist industrial look which works well if you don't want to attract attention or have to meet with clients that expect a 'serious' meeting.

I'll just say it is not the best case out there but does reasonably well. I hope others here join in and impress us all with either case flare or functionality.

[​IMG]

2. mmomega, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015

mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I have a Saddleback Classic Leather Briefcase. I love the looks and it handles everything my wife and I take with us, electronically, on trips.
    It holds my 12" rMB, her 15" rMBP, an iPad, chargers, 2 sets of headphones, a few battery packs and maybe a few things I left out. My first and only "murse" as everyone calls it, I don't care I think it's BA.
    kellynolte-01-10-0001-XL-DCB-PS-20140219132538-01.jpeg

I always do reading at night in bed when I don't want to get up to take a current pic of something :p

3. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

I use an Incase ICON Slim pack. It holds all my crap & fits nicely in the space at your feet on a plane so I don't have to mess around with overhead.

4. AlliFlowers, Dec 15, 2015

AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Daily use, I use the Delsey Quilted Rolling Underseat tote. It's great to roll in and out of school so that I don't have to carry a purse separately...I just toss my bag right inside along with all my electronics and school stuff. I can also put it on top of my Samsonite suitcase when I travel.

[​IMG]

I'm also waiting on the Triangle Commuter Bag from Evernote, finally on sale!

[​IMG]

5. takeshi74, Dec 15, 2015

takeshi74 macrumors 601

I don't have a dedicated laptop bag. I have Waterfield Outback sleeve that I tend to use the most. I don't normally need to carry a bunch of items along with my laptop.
    [​IMG]

The Macbook Air has a Waterfield Dash sleeve.
    [​IMG]

Next most used are backpacks with laptop slots which are used for travel. It's much easier for me when negotiating airports and other travel with a bag on my back. Latest one is the Riutbag R15 which I just received.

[​IMG]

I seriously considered one of these -- or something from Filson, Col Littleton, etc.

6. christarp macrumors 6502

christarp

[​IMG]

I use the Thule stravan deluxe attache. Snug fit fits my 13" rMBP perfectly, and can also hold my ipad, a notebook, my chargers, a mouse and some other small things.

7. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Tenba Large Messenger. The Macbook goes in the back with my cameras and lenses up front.

8. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

9. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I use a Brenthaven backpack. Started using a backpack when I was cycling to work and found them more convenient than other types of bags. Provides great protection, easy to carry, and plenty of pockets for other stuff.

10. c8rlo macrumors 6502

c8rlo

for leisure, Inateck sleeve that includes a small bag/case for the power supply or other...
    maxresdefault.jpg

for work/travel, Speck Tuckpack for 15" MBP though i used with either my 13" MBA or 13"cMBP and it fits snug with additional room for a book, magazines, etc...
    010909_speck_2.jpg

11. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I have bought two different American Eagle messenger bags and one Barnes & Noble messenger bag that fits 15" rMBP. Also AEO messenger bag comes with free sleeve.

12. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

13. triple-tap macrumors 6502

I have the same bag (but in classic black leather with the old Saddleback logo).

I love it, and the quality of leather is unmatched by any other option under $1200. I've looked extensively.

It is a bit heavy, but it protects the contents quite well.

Regarding the "murse" comment, I personally think it looks fine... Especially if you get the large or extra large version. I have also personally removed the two additional closure straps (the ones on the right and left) to make it more streamlined.

14. CooperBox macrumors 6502a

CooperBox

I have the Incase Sleeve Deluxe for my MBPro Retina 15". Nothing flash but just does the job correctly.
    [​IMG]
    On the other hand I really cherish my collection of iBook Clamshells, and keep them each in a Targus case (which are too large for them - I get these at 5€ each like-new from a local thrift-shop).
    If anyone should know where to find one of the original colour-matched clamshell carry cases (contoured precisely for the G3 clamshell) I would really like to know.

15. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I used to have 2 Brenthaven bags. One larger for all the accessories I can fit in it, the other for the MBP and power supply. Quality was great.

16. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

Knomo bags for both my MacBook Pro and iPad.
    Because they're high quality, match together, and... they're British ;-)

http://www.knomobags.com/uk/