Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What looks best to you?

• Picture 1

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Picture 2

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Picture 3

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
Sometimes HDR is minimal..though I found it hard to really see any differences between #1 & #2.

Did you do a screenshot of #1 and #2? they have the side letterbox that looks like a screen shot or something.

As for #3 the image itself is closer, as stated above, because of the lens size/length. I remember when my wife and I took the "same shot" her with a 3GS and me with the 4, they showed different parts because of the lens length.

The first two are screen shots because I have geographical tagging on and did not think it would effect anything if it was a screenshot

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
I googled the motorola, but couldn't find anything more specific on the camera.
What lens does it use?
Focal range?
F-stop?
Iso?
Shutterspeed?
Wb? How many Kelvin?
Did the flash fire? How was the Lighting situation in the room?
How about image settings? Sharpening? Saturation? Contrast?
Any of these even ajustable with these cellphone cameras?
Is there a raw file to this or does it just shoot jpg?
How about jpeg settings? Fine? Basic?
How much can be adjusted?

How about the settings on the iphone?
In camera hdr ... How many images and how much is the exposure difference between them?
Why use hdr at all for this picture?

What size and kind sensors do they use? Microscopic ones or just really really tiny ones ;)
Actual pixel size? Light sensitivity? DR?

All these infos are necessary before we even start speculating why these images look the way they do.

Also posting screenshots is not a good idea in this case.

You have to elaborate if you want this to be more than just a fun thread.
... I really did enjoy the part with people specutaling though! :D

In terms of which picture is the best one I would prefere the third one and change the color temp, contrast, ...
It seems to me that that one preserves the most detail. I might be wrong though.

Last edited:

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
The first two are screen shots because I have geographical tagging on and did not think it would effect anything if it was a screenshot
Is there ever gonna be a follow up on this or was it just for ***** and giggles?

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
Is there ever gonna be a follow up on this or was it just for ***** and giggles?

I really just made this thread because I wanted to see what people say. I do not know much about photography but have been interested by it for a while. I hardly know anything about photography and wanted to know if either on of these cameras was any good I guess. Mostly it was for fun

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I really just made this thread because I wanted to see what people say. I do not know much about photography but have been interested by it for a while. I hardly know anything about photography and wanted to know if either on of these cameras was any good I guess. Mostly it was for fun

So cheaper or camera phones do okay outside in good lighting. As soon as the lighting starts to get worse, things start to fall apart.
If you go to Flickr you can search for images taken with different cameras. If you want to see what each of your cameras can produce, that would be a good place to start.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.