What mac accessory is there a need for?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by montypython, Jun 24, 2010.

1. montypython macrumors newbie

Let me explain....

I am interested in hearing what, when and where there is a need for a mac accessory.

Is there a time when a specific case would have been nice?

Is there something that would make using your mac easier?

You iPhone would be great if...?

Why did apple do that... it would be much better if....?

I want to know where there is a NEED for a mac accessory or what problems exist that need to be fixed.

As a inventor and designer I would love to hear ideas for solutions as well but i am much more interested in knowing what problem areas are. I figure that if we all put the things that annoy us down here that we can all share our own personal solutions to the problems or suggest products that fix the problems.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

This thread is a very bad idea. Consider these scenarios:
    • MisterMe gives you an idea. MisterMe has signed nothing to allow you to use his idea. You develop a product based on MisterMe's idea. MisterMe sues you because you stole his idea and commercialized it.
    • MisterMe works for Fluttering Leaf. MisterMe is not a nice guy. MisterMe gives you an idea based on a Fluttering Leaf product that is currently in development. You develop the product that is actually based on the new Fluttering Leaf product. Fluttering Leaf sues you for patent infringement.
    I think that we can think of similar scenarios. The bottomline is that this forum and others like it are poor substitutes for inspiration. You can rest assured that Apple has some of the best patent attorneys on Earth. Yet Apple has been continually sued by companies that file lawsuits as a primary business strategy.

To use the Apple example again, Apple refuses to look at outside suggestions for products. Microsoft will, but Microsoft is also notorious for stealing ideas and then paying huge settlements later. You don't have Microsoft money to pay huge settlements. You must be able to account for an idea from concept to production.

My advice to you is to ignore any suggestions posted in this thread--no matter how good they may seem--especially if they seem good.