What Mac for Logic?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by nightwatchrenba, Mar 13, 2012.

1. nightwatchrenba macrumors newbie

New to Mac universe. I have hundreds of Logic music files in PC format (Logic v4 & 5). I need to connect to my four channel AD/DA Firewire device and Midi synths, (record up to four vocal channels simultaneously) with Logic. First, would anyone suggest a good Mac (mini? Air? Book Pro? Pro?) to start with. Second, If I get the new hardware and Logic 9 will it read my old PC files? If not, I will have to start all over.

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Any current production Mac will have enough "power" but what you run out of quickly with Logic is screen space. I like my 27" iMac. One might be able to edit/mix music on a Mac Air but the screen is just to small for my taste.

The best way to see if the old files can be read is to post some examples and ask people to tell you if they can open them.

3. ChrisA, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

ChrisA macrumors G4

4. 0dbu macrumors newbie

For what it's worth, I have a late 2008 MacBook Pro 2.4ghz core 2 duo with 8 gigs of ram and it runs Logic like a champ. If you are actually going to be recording audio and not just working with MIDI, I would suggest a 7200 RPM hard drive...