What mac laptop should I get for gaming?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sfombom, Dec 18, 2011.

1. sfombom macrumors newbie

I currently have the white macbook but it is very slow when I try to play the sims 3. This is one of the only reasons I use my computer so I feel it is pointless, thus I have decided to upgrade to a new mac. Which Mac would be best for gaming? I am open to any and all ideas (note: I am only considering a mac so don;t just say get a PC). Also if it would be best for me to pay extra for certain features or upgrades please specify. Thanks!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

If You Are Determined

To use a MB for gaming, go with the I7, at least 8GB ram, and preferably the 17" screen. I've nerves really seen my MBP as a gaming device though....A cheap high spec Windows machine is a better option for games.

Or a high spec (2GB Video) iMac

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Any of the current generation will run The Sims 3 acceptably well for most people.

4. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

If you're really just wanting Sims 3, Any Macbook currently should be able to play it just fine. I'd go with the Macbook Air if you're looking for fashion > function, but the 13" Macbook Pro if you're wanting Function > Fashion.

5. ratm247 macrumors newbie

macbook pro 15" late 2011

i have the macbook pro 15" late 2011, and it works fine for most games. any mac with a discrete graphics cards should be able to handle games. if you want to get the best game performance install windows bootcamp and play your games in windows. video card drivers for windows are currently better optimized for games than mac drivers, though it is getting better.