What Mac notebook should I get.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by UltimaLink, Jun 18, 2010.

1. UltimaLink macrumors regular

Hi.

I currently own a compaq presario CQ60, I have used a mac and owned one, though I returned it (Long story and I don't regret a thing) but my laptop is starting to become underpowered, and since I am building a PC I want to get a mac laptop. My question is what one should I get.

I'll use it for ToonBoom animation studio5.0, Photoshop(Maybe, I'll get it when the laptop I have dies out, but for now I have a windows only art program) iTunes, and Garageband.

I'm looking for portability, but I DO NOT want a macbook air.

Should I get a macbook or macbook pro? And if I get a macbook, should I get 2 gigs of ram or 4?

2. johnnyham macrumors regular

For what you've listed here, you won't need anything above the white unibody polycarbonate Macbook. ToonBoom only requires an Intel processor with 1 GB of RAM. For $999, the white Macbook comes with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB of RAM, a 250 GB HDD and a NVidia Geforce 320M graphics card. The aluminum unibody Macbook Pro comes with identical specs, although it comes standard with 4 GB of RAM.

Portability-wise, both the white Macbook and the aluminum one are under 5 pounds (white at 4.7 lbs and aluminum at 4.5 lbs), so they can easily be carried around. Both will also provide you with a maximum of 10 hours of battery life.

If you'd like to compare the different Macbooks for yourself, you can do so here.

3. UltimaLink thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for taking so long to respond, but I would like to know, is the macbook pro worth the extra two gigs of ram and money?

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yes, 2x2GB is already 100$ so you're paying 100$ for aluminum body, FireWire 800, SD slot etc. You could also take a look at refurbs if you're on budget

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

:confused: 13" doesn't have Intel IGP and 15" and 17" have dual GPUs...

What have you been drinking? Did you even read OP's post? He has a PC, not a Mac...