What Mac Should I buy? When?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gohome190, May 27, 2008.

1. gohome190 macrumors regular

gohome190

I'm going to college in the fall, and I need a new computer to go along for the ride. Right now I'm thinking about either a Macbook or Macbook Pro, and dual-booting Windows (Does it have to be XP?), because Penn State requires certain windows-only scientific programs.

So, my question is should I wait for another month or two to see if Apple will drop prices/introduce a new Macbook? Because the last thing I want to do is buy a Pro and the next week Apple releases a brand new version.

What version do you recommend/when do you recommend getting it?

Thanks!

2. Jmanstk macrumors member

I had been asking myself this same question. The answer: If you keep waiting for the latest and greatest from apple then you will never get your computer. So i am only waiting until after WWDC and if no updates occur im going to buy my macbook and be perfectly happy with it. I mean its still going to be an amazing piece of hardware/software either way. Thats just how i see it. Also, intel just recently delayed the release of their "Montevina" chipset to July 14th. So its likely that we will not see a new macbook until Mid July to early August. Just my 2 cents.

3. LotusLord macrumors 6502

LotusLord

The Capital of the Land of Cheese and Beer
    Definitely wait until after WWDC. If you can wait until August, all the better. Also be aware that you'll likely soon be able to get a free iPod when you purchase your new Mac.