What Mac should I buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LateFate, May 11, 2011.

1. LateFate macrumors newbie

I desperately need a new Mac. I do Flash animation, web design, digital photography, video, graphics and one day 3d animation. The software I will be using is: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Dreamweaver, Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, and maybe one day Maya or another high end 3d animation software. What Mac should I buy? I was thinking about the Mac Pro or the Macbook Pro but someone suggested the new iMac. For the money it looks like a great day. But I have heard that the monitor has a buzz and the hard drive has problems.:eek: What is the word out on the street?

Thanks for your help.

2. DeChrii macrumors member

depends, potability or not? if not, and you have the budget then go for the mac pro as you can always upgrade internally. go for the new iMac if you don't want to spend that much

3. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

The word on the street is that this is all nonsense. iMacs are fine.

4. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

If you don't know you need a Mac Pro, in general, you don't need a Mac Pro, you just need a high-end iMac. The new iMac will cope with all of that lot just dandy... and will be faster than many Mac Pros that will still be in use for years to come.

5. Michael383 macrumors 6502a