What mac to buy now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kikobarbada, Jul 28, 2007.

1. kikobarbada macrumors regular

Hello everyone. Good night.

Currently I have a 2.16 / 2GB / 160HD Macbook and a 22in Widescreen. I have about 10 games installed and they run really slow. But that is not the point. I am thinking about getting a new mac. So here's my idea. I wait for the new iMac to launch and when it does, I buy the low-end 20in iMac and attach it to my 22in screen. It is really good for desktop extension because they have the same pixel resolution. I would keep all my files on the iMac and almost nothing on the Macbook, unless I needed it, just for portability.

What do you guys think of that?

Thanks.

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

not a bad idea, or you could just get the high end macbook pro and sell the macbook

3. kikobarbada thread starter macrumors regular

Screen to small. Plus iMac is cheaper and a bigger screen. And I also like the idea of having a good simple portable computer such as the Macbook.

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Your setup is good, but don't think of the macbook as a "simple little portable." They are very capable machines that can do quite a lot.

I like your idea, but remember to get a good external. There's a big difference between the 120GB of the macbook and the 250-500GB of the iMac.

5. kikobarbada thread starter macrumors regular

I know they are powerful. Mine will probably have the same processor and ram of the iMac except for the graphics card, for games and two screens. I have 2 250gb usb drives and I am planning on buying another 2 500gb ones.

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

:cool: Enjoy.

7. kikobarbada thread starter macrumors regular

The bump to the 256mb graphics card is a good shot for only 75 bucks?

Any other tips?

8. kikobarbada thread starter macrumors regular