What mac would you recomend?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eggdust, Dec 9, 2010.

1. eggdust macrumors newbie

hi guys wonder if you can help!

i work for a clothing design company we currently use p.cs (i know!!) we are thinking about switching over to macs

my question is what machines would you recomend for,

1: our sales team, they would need laptops as they are travelling to and from clients across the country (so it would between mac book book and pro) they will be dealing with illustrator and photshop files email and gerneral office admin. can you help on what machine and what spec you would advise

2: our graphic guys would be office based so it would be a desktop machine. they would be working with complex photoshop and illustrator flies, flash and web software. again can you recomend with a machine and spec

obviously price is a factor

many thanks in advance

2. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

It depends on how large the illustrator and photoshop files are.

Even the basic MacBook and Mac Mini can handle photoshop and illustrator but not at the same level as the iMac, Mac Pro and MacBook Pros.

It sound like you should be looking at MacBook Pro and iMac.

The MacBook Pros will give you the power and durability that your sales team need and the iMac will give you the power and screen size the graphics guy would need.

You could consider a MacBook Pro for the "desktop" as well and use an external monitor, this would allow the graphics guy more flexibility without really losing any of the benefits of the iMac.

Lastly if the graphics guy is working with large files or is doing 3D/Video work you should look at a Mac Pro.