What mac???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Odt, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Odt macrumors newbie

I'm planing on buying my first mac computer. I have used them allot in the past so I know them well. I'm 16 and have been saving for the past year. But I can't choose between the MacBook pro and iMac. I would use it for editing photos movies and music but I think ether could do that well. I do play some games like left 4 dead and hl2. I would like to take my computer away with me when we go away but that's only every few months. Apart from that my computer as it is stays where it is. SO what do you think. I need a opinion

2. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

That's a tough call and a personal decision involving the trade off between power and portability.

Which would bother you more:
    -not having a computer with you during the occasional times you travel, or
    -not having the power of the iMac the majority of the time, when you're at home?

Personally, I think sacrificing the power of the iMac just so I had a laptop for the infrequent times I travel would bother me more. I prefer to purchase the type of computer that I need the majority of the time.

Of course, this is only valid if the difference in power between the MBP and the iMac you're considering is significant enough to notice.

3. Ben Dixon macrumors member

Depending on your budget, have you considered an iMac and a base iPad? That way you would get the power of the iMac with the portability when needed with the iPad

4. Black.Infinity macrumors 6502

Black.Infinity

buy imac NOW and then once you go to university sell imac and get a MBP:D

5. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

If your only going away from home a couple of times a year or so I'd get the iMac and make do while away.