What Macbook sleeve?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pjrobertson, Feb 9, 2008.

1. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

I have a laptop bag, but I'm currently looking for a sleeve that I can slip my MacBook into before it goes back into the bag. It'll also be used underneath my laptop (if it's ever on a dirty surface).

For the past few months I've been using the (don't laugh!) thin sleeve the Macbooks come with, but this has started breaking. I've looked around at the Apple store etc. but all the sleeves seem too heavy - duty with zips, extra compartments and more.

What's the best buy?

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

3. Pukey macrumors 6502

Pukey

4. pjrobertson thread starter macrumors 6502a

hm both look good, but I do like the look of the Tucano. People have reviewed it at the Apple online store (UK) and said that it leaves black marks on white MacBooks if they're still warm. I don't like the sound of that!

A couple of quotes:
    What do people think of the LArobe 13.3" cases?

5. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

6. pjrobertson thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll probably go for the LArobe seeing as deniser rates it.

Any last-minute ideas?!

7. Nuks macrumors 6502a

I paid 10 dollars on ebay for a sony vaio 13.3 inch sleeve. It's most likely (definitely) fake, but it's been great so far (about 1.5 years).

8. mavherzog macrumors 6502

I never buy a laptop with a ZeroShock sleeve from Shinza.

I have yet to see a sleeve that even comes close.

9. TINCAN78 macrumors regular

i haven't got my macbook yet but i use crumpler laptop bags and sleeves and they are made out of high end material...... worth a look check out the crumpler home page.....

10. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Waterfield Design sleeve from www.sfbags.com. Really protective, customizable and really great customer service. I would not buy any ohter!

11. DLS macrumors newbie

I'll second the Incase neoprene sleeve (as well as BB for purchase, $5 less than the Apple store). I bought a white MB just before Christmas (made the switch from wintel to Apple), and have used the Incase for the last 6 weeks or so. I got the mac mullet version (black on the outside, lime green on the inside) and have not observed any lint/staining/color transfer from the sleeve lining to MB.

12. pjrobertson thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've gone for the LArobe 13.3"

Cost me £17, which isn't too bad. I'll let you know what it's like.

The incase looks too big, it's got extra pockets, which I don't want as the sleeve would just be going straight into another bag (with more pockets)

13. brandon.vong macrumors regular

I know this has been gone through before, but how about the Crumpler School Hymn v.s. the Booq Vyper for the MBP? I have the Vyper one for my 12 inch but want to know if people think the Crumpler is better? Thanks!

14. TINCAN78 macrumors regular

15. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

16. renault4 macrumors regular

I can echo the positive comments regarding the Waterfield products!

in addition, since you were using the sleeve that was part of the original packaging, you might check out the sleevz from Radtech, as it would allow you to continue this arrangement with what seems like a product closest to the original sleeve (I dont have one myself)

http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevzNotebooks.aspx

cheers

17. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

I have one of these and these on my PowerBook.

Fit like a glove. Highly recommended.

18. brandon.vong macrumors regular

I just got my Crumpler School Hymn for my MBP, is it supposed to have this much space in the case? I don't know about it flopping around in the case like that. I'm used to the snug fit with my Booq Vyper. Thanks!

Attached Files:

19. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I got this and it is amazing. It is vertically loaded with a flap that comes up to protect the laptop from contact with zipper and it is small, convenient, and inexpensive.

20. brandon.vong macrumors regular

So no thoughts on the Crumpler? I think I might just return it.

21. macsupermarket macrumors newbie

Crumpler is prob the best the build quality on a crumpler is much better than any other sleeve. I love the crumpler gimps and also all the other crazy names they seem to have. Crumpler have a new bag coming out called the Fishy slip!!! Not sure about that one!!