What MacBook To Keep?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by drew051, Jul 6, 2017.

1. drew051 macrumors newbie

drew051

Hi Guys,

Interesting question for everyone.

I configured a 15" MacBook Pro the day they were announced, specs to follow. I used it for work which is E-Commerce based, but personally I do a lot of Photoshop and Lightroom, and I also love gadgets :)

A few weeks ago I was on vacation and it was in my backpack and unbeknown to me, a entire liter of water spilled and the MacBook was saturated. The 15" was around $3700.00. I had to pay Apple $1500.00 to fix it, it has been completely replaced 100%, it is brand new.

I was going on a long cruise however and needed a computer for work while I was away. I purchased a 2017 13" MacBook Pro, specs to follow.

Now my question is what would you keep? I need to sell one. I think the 15" is incredible and probably the best computer I have ever owned, however the 13" which I didn't think would be for me, is so portable its fantastic. Either way it becomes somewhat of a wash cash wise, I am just trying to decide!

MacBook Pro 15"

2.9GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
    16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    Radeon Pro 460 with 4GB VRAM
    1TB PCIe-based SSD
    Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
    Touch Bar and Touch ID
    Force Touch trackpad

MacBook Pro 13"

3.1GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor
    Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
    8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
    512GB SSD storage1
    Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650
    Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
    Touch Bar and Touch ID

Thanks for reading!

2. rawweb macrumors 6502a

rawweb

You answered it yourself? "...the 15" is incredible and probably the best computer I have ever owned".

That statement alone seems to suggest you have a solid reason to keep that machine. Besides, the new models are so thin and light I really don't understand the 'portable' argument for 13 vs 15. Just comes down to what you like better.

Ultra portable on the other hand, the 12" MacBook is the product designed to satisfy that need.

3. jerryk macrumors 68030

Depends on whether you need the power and/or screen real estate of the 15.

4. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Seems you already know you want to keep the 15".