What made you fall in love with your Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by I'mAMac, Jun 4, 2010.

1. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

I download a lot of music/movies and when I was ripping DVD's and importing album after album into iTunes in a mere fraction of the time it used to take me on my old Core Duo...I fell in love ;)

What made you love yours?

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

The fact that its so easy to use, and the whole thing (including the OS) is delecious eye-candy! Compared to a Windows machine, everything is so simple, right down the the last tiny vent:D

Thats why I'm never going to buy a Windows computer again.

3. Wacky Jackson macrumors member

Wacky Jackson

The fact that is was my first laptop and I had to save up for months to get it.

4. aigoya macrumors member

BetterTouchTool.

It's amazing how customizable it is. It almost makes me feel that I'm being more productive than using a keyboard+mouse.

Ex.
    4finger down. show desktop
    4finger up. expose
    4finger left/right. spaces left/right
    3finger up. open new tab
    3finger up. close tab
    two finger tiptap left/right. switch from tabs in browsers

so nice!

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Everything lol. Sturdiness is a +. But just having it makes me like it more than looking at it in the Apple store ^_^

7. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

The fact that this MacBook Pro actually works after going through 3 replacement computers.

8. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

coming from using a windows computer/laptop my whole life... multitouch :D.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't love my computer that much. It works which is all that matters, but nothing to get too excited about seeing how much light my wallet is now.

10. xi mezmerize ix macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

The fact that it is the better Mac laptop and it is a Mac :)

11. mingoglia macrumors 6502

I love the aesthetics and attention to detail. When PC users ask me why I pay so much more for almost identical hardware (compared to a PC), I use the analogy of a Tahoe and a Escalade. Most know that the Escalade is the "same" vehicle with an exception of drivetrain tweaks as the Tahoe, but it costs about 50% more. Much of that additional cost is the attention to detail it has. Much of it is bling, but people pay for bling. This is why I like my MBP. At the end of the day my Apple machines haven't lasted as long as my Thinkpad, Micron, etc laptops, but they're beautifully made and that's enough for me. I'm a FreeBSD UNIX user and while OSX works pretty good and the fact that it's unix based and I can get a real terminal which is a lot more important to me, it's a minor selling point.... I buy for the sum of the hardware parts and the meticulous attention to detail. Nothing drives me more nuts then having my keyboard flex while typing like my HP laptop does. The Mac is solid as can be, almost industrial, yet sleek and beautiful

Mike

12. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

13. mingoglia macrumors 6502

The customer service is good. The one thing that troubles me is I feel like I'm guilty until proven innocent when I go in there with that light they shine in the ports. I know why they're doing it, but wish it wasn't so obvious. Yes, they're doing it to prevent fraud claims due to water but other manufacturers have gotten along for years with warranty service without making it so obvious. Are Apple customers disproportionately more fraudulent than buyers of other consumer electronics? Maybe us Apple buyers are all crooks? :D

14. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Thats why I like doing mail in repairs then you don't have to deal with some genius's personality. If they are having a bad day.

15. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

This is my first MacBook Pro, and it's only two days old, but I know already it's the best computer I've ever owned in terms of combination of power, portability, aesthetics, and features.

I was able to run uTorrent, listen to music, run Windows in VMWare Fusion while talking to friends in iChat, and the computer (a Core i7 15" MBP) didn't even get warm. My old MacBook would have frozen due to that amount of workload.

Steam for Mac lets me play games again without needing to turn on my gaming PC (which is over 3 years old). The graphics on this machine are surprisingly good for what I've thrown at it, and again, it doesn't really ever break a sweat.

The keyboard is softer and feels much nicer than my old MacBooks, and the touchpad is by far the best one on the market.

I love this computer.

16. ranlives macrumors newbie

I love my MacBook Pro for many many reasons. The first is because I've saved up for it for three years! The second--multitouch. I love it. It makes everything so much easier. I absolutely love the unibody design. You can't find a laptop this beautiful while being as sturdy as it is. The screen is also amazing, but maybe that's because it's my first hi-res anti-glare :D

But the main killer for me? The OS. As a first time Mac user, I am amazed at how beautiful, functional, and intuitive it is. It feels lightning fast with the hardware I'm using. It never even skips. The design of the OS is also amazing.

17. a.jfred macrumors 6502

18. landscapeman macrumors regular

19. ///M5 macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, but love? Such threads make me sick.

And before you ask what I am doing here, yes I replied to this thread hoping that posting such threads would stop some day. Fingers crossed.

20. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

1) Having to hardly EVER reboot the thing. I close the lid/open it at least a dozen times per day and go weeks between full resets, and then usually only after I let the battery run down. Each time I re-open it, it's back up and fully functional as fast as I can type in my password. On a Thinkpad, Toshiba, Sony Windows XP/Vista/7 computer, its a crapshoot whether or not the thing wakes up at all, and if so, whether or not the WiFi comes back to life without a hard reset. I LOATHE Windows laptops for this reason and have for years. Sleep mode seldom worked as advertised. Mac sleep mode ALWAYS works.

2) Don't boot into a "Critical Updates are ready for your computer!" mode twice or more per week. Hate that in the Windows world.

3) Drop dead gorgeous glossy screen....only thing I found that rivaled it at the time of my first MBP purchase several years ago was a kludgy Sony Vaio.

OSX, after all that, was just icing.

21. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

it's the fact that it took me since december to save up enough for this mbp. perfect timing i also gotta add , that when the updates were released i JUST had enough to spend on a mbp (after monthly bills, car repairs etc), it just seemed like it was meant to be! besides that "sign", i've came from a dell pc that was from 2001. i used it up until 2 months ago (when i got my mbp). so i love everything, from its speed, to the backlit keyboard (looks so nice in the dark, i dunno if you guys noticed when typing on a fully lit keyboard in the dark, you can see the keys being sunk it when you type. looks so cool ;)) to its sleek design, to its vibrant colors on the hi res screen. EVERYTHING.

MBP!!!!!

22. D0rk macrumors member

The trackpad (and how OSX integrates with it).

23. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

+1 for the trackpad.
    Even a year after getting the computer I have to say it is one of the best purchases I've ever made. Portable, powerful and sleek...what's not to love?:D

24. Hadron macrumors regular

Love is a bit strong - it's a tool, albeit a nice one. But that apart:

Because it's a unix laptop where the OS was part of the design rather than a replacement.

Because it's a 15.4" 1680x1050 that's 24mm thick and can run all day on battery if I have to :)

And BetterTouchTool - whenever I use another laptop I get caught out by what the touchpad doesn't do. So :apple: deserve credit for the multi-touch, but BTT allows me to make that do what *I* want (I've replaced many of their gestures with ones that make more sense/are more useful to me).

25. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Solidity (this thing is built like a Mac Truck :D)

Aesthetics (truly just gorgeous to behold)

OS X (simply the most intuitive, easy to use full featured consumer OS available)

Keyboard/Trackpad (best keyboard on a portable I've ever owned [no flex whatsoever and the backlight is bright and variable] and the multitouch trackpad is clearly the industry leader)

Display (this Samsung panel is so easy on the eyes with vivid eye-popping colors and incredible black levels)

AppleCare (the best tech customer service in the business)

:apple::D