What made you smile today

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Internal Fury, May 25, 2011.

1. Internal Fury macrumors 6502

Hello and good day all. I have my other thread what annoyed you today- http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1157973 but I am curious also what happened today to make you smile or made your day a good day.
    Today I was supposed to get off at 7 pm as of 6 pm it had been well "one of those days" on top of the fact I had already worked since before 9 am. I enter back into the print shop at my work and I get stopped by our design guy, there is a customer who has her wedding tomorrow and nothing is printed as far as booklets etc. We are slammed busy. I sit down with her and stop all work I had planned, figure out what she needs and spend the next 2 hours with her and make her smile. I was able to tell some jokes to put her at ease and even tell her about my marriage my wife etc. Then just through general conversation I find out that she knows a coworker of my wife, small world.

To put it simple incase all that was TL/DR it was long day at work, I meet a panicking bride and family, I made it so she could get all her wedding stuff printed and she was happy as could be, I helped save her wedding, With my anniversary next month it really made my day.

2. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

3. Internal Fury thread starter macrumors 6502

**** really? Congrats. man years ago ( wont say how long) it was graduate in mid june

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

today?

hearing the thunder and rain come down just before first light.

5. Internal Fury thread starter macrumors 6502

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

What made me smile today?

My son's first semblance of first words.

When he was around 8 months old, his grandparents taught him, for all intents and purposes, the 1st stage of Scottish Martial Arts; how to headbutt! They would accidentally bonk their forehead against his, hold their hand up to the side of their head, and say "Oh, no!"

7 months later, he's used to it, to where if I picked him up, he leans in and headbutts.. HARD. Today, he did exactly that.. 3 times, put his hand to the side of his head, and said "Oh, no!" in baby talk.

No matter how bad a day I had or could have had, that washes it all away.

BL.

7. Internal Fury thread starter macrumors 6502

the headbutt made me laugh. I know exactly what you are talking about, my niece used to do that.