What Mbp do I need For college prep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jdstew1234, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Jdstew1234 macrumors regular

Hi, I am in college prep and in was wondering how powerful a Mbp I need. I will be using Photoshop elements, adobe illustrator cs5, Microsoft office, iLife, occasional video editing. I can go up to the cheapest 15". And should I wait until the sandy bridge update.

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Any one of the current MBP line will easily accommodate your needs. 4GB of RAM should be sufficient.

3. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I have a brand new stock MacBook Pro right now that I'm typing on. Actually I just paused an episode of House MD which is playing on an external display whilst using photoshop CS5 to photoshop a picture of myself for ***** and giggles, whilst downloading a 5GB torrent. Been doing this since 3:00 and its 7 here...Activity monitor says I have 2.5 GB of free ram and nothing is really slowing down...I mean everything is still super fast as usual. I don't want to think what an i7 could do that I can't on my bone stock computer. Oh yeah and the computer its self is a real head turner when you use it in public :D think driving a BMW vs a ford :D (sorry had to use that one its true). So yes its a very powerful computer, probably more powerful than needed for the vast majority of people who purchase it. Oh I must have forgot the graphics look marvelous on my 32inch flat screen. Yes I'm trying to pursuade you to buy a MBP :D

4. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Even the base 13 is fine if you need to buy now. Most school related stuff doesn't require a Cray Supercomputer, but it DOES require durability and longevity, which the current MBP has. You may also want to consider a SSD given the durability enhancements over a HDD.

5. Jdstew1234 thread starter macrumors regular

I am sold on a Mbp but I will probably just wait for sb

6. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

Oh god when will people stop comparing their laptops to cars?!