Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueRaider

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
I'm running a 15" Early 2011 2.3Ghz, 256GB Crucial M4 & 128GB OEM Samsung SSD in the optical drive, High-Res screen, and 16GB of Crucial memory. I mainly use my laptop for web-surfing, light programming, gaming, and a WHOLE lot of legal research for school. I couldn't be happier with the performance, this laptop is a BEAST! I've also got a 2011 13" i5 sitting on my desk at home with the standard 320GB 5400Rpm HDD and it's an amazing laptop in it's own right. I love the form factor of the 13" Pro's. They're just the right size. I'm debating on purchasing a 2010 11" Macbook Air or a Transformer Pad for a compact carry anywhere laptop but my iPad works pretty well for that purpose so I can't justify pulling the trigger just yet. The Transformer Pad Infinity's sound pretty awesome with the new Snapdragon S4.

Benbikeman

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2011
London, England
A mid-2009 MBP 17 upgraded to 8Gb RAM and 2 x 1Tb drives.

I do pretty much everything with it as it's my main machine, but one of the main things I do with it can be seen in my sig.

Ben

ivoruest

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010
Guatemala
Response...

Lots of people on this thread seem to have the 15". Why is this? XD

I personally find the 15" more functional due to screen size and resolution. To me the 13" is just a tad too small and find it uncomfortable for design and watching HD video. But I do like its portability.

salmoally

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2012
Yeah 13inch is just too small for doing design work. The resolution sucks as well, no doubt this will be addressed in the refresh. Struggled all the way through uni designing on a 13 inch macbook white, never making that mistake again.

AntJon82

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2009
NYC
my mac

early 2011 13" macbook pro i use for web surfing,video editing and uploading along with pics i have 16 gig of sys mem

purpletacoz

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2012
California
i have the baseline late MBP 13'

I pretty much use it as my main computer, so some light gaming, music, movies, web, DVD/CD burning, basically anything you're supposed to do with your computer. i love it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.