What MBP/RMBP/MBA vertical stand are you using?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MCAsan, Aug 28, 2012.

1. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

I have seen the book arc, the IKEA napkin holder, and a couple of others. What stand are you using to keep your machine vertical when it is on the desktop?

2. J.Appleseed macrumors regular

J.Appleseed

3. Scuba-EMT macrumors regular

Scuba-EMT

Bought this weekend, love the design, but it will not hold an rMBP as the opening is too wide, hopefully they'll release a smaller insert soon.

4. J.Appleseed macrumors regular

J.Appleseed

It's great, really. It also holds the cables when you unplug them from the MacBook so I can take it with me very quick if I need to :)

Ideal desktop-laptop combination.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

6. SlyMac macrumors 6502

Honestly, I can't stand vertical stands. I like the horizontal stands because when i'm not on the road, I use clamshell mode. I hated having to take the laptop out, powering on, and then placing back in the holster. I replaced my bookarc for the rain stand and like it much more. I would also stay away from the henge dock vertical stand. Its a plastic piece of junk.

7. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

Instead of taking out the laptop to power it on, you could go to  and do sleep instead?

I haven't decided on the type stand I want yet either. Maybe I don't even need one.

8. SlyMac macrumors 6502

I did do that on occasion, but I like shutting down sometimes. Also, with the verticle stand you are unable to extend the desktop if you need it.