What MBP/RMBP/MBA vertical stand are you using?

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
I have seen the book arc, the IKEA napkin holder, and a couple of others. What stand are you using to keep your machine vertical when it is on the desktop?

J.Appleseed

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2012
The Netherlands
Bought this weekend, love the design, but it will not hold an rMBP as the opening is too wide, hopefully they'll release a smaller insert soon.
It's great, really. It also holds the cables when you unplug them from the MacBook so I can take it with me very quick if I need to :)

Ideal desktop-laptop combination.

SlyMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Honestly, I can't stand vertical stands. I like the horizontal stands because when i'm not on the road, I use clamshell mode. I hated having to take the laptop out, powering on, and then placing back in the holster. I replaced my bookarc for the rain stand and like it much more. I would also stay away from the henge dock vertical stand. Its a plastic piece of junk.

iAppl3Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
Honestly, I can't stand vertical stands. I like the horizontal stands because when i'm not on the road, I use clamshell mode. I hated having to take the laptop out, powering on, and then placing back in the holster. I replaced my bookarc for the rain stand and like it much more. I would also stay away from the henge dock vertical stand. Its a plastic piece of junk.
Instead of taking out the laptop to power it on, you could go to  and do sleep instead?

I haven't decided on the type stand I want yet either. Maybe I don't even need one.

SlyMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Instead of taking out the laptop to power it on, you could go to  and do sleep instead?

I haven't decided on the type stand I want yet either. Maybe I don't even need one.
I did do that on occasion, but I like shutting down sometimes. Also, with the verticle stand you are unable to extend the desktop if you need it.