What megapixel is the cam on the new touch

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dwl017, Sep 1, 2010.

1. dwl017 macrumors 6502a

dwl017

2. farmermac macrumors 6502a

its the same camera as in the iphone4, as it can record in HD. But Apple gimped it to maximum resolution of 960x720

3. mojoe24 macrumors regular

I don't think its the same camera. There would be no reason to "cap" the resolution of stills.

4. farmermac macrumors 6502a

Make people happy with a camera for the touch but keep iphone4 the device to get if you want a a really good camera

5. mojoe24 macrumors regular

But it wouldn't make since to spend the money on purchasing more expensive hardware just to cap it, even if they get a larger discount for raising their order from just iPhone to Iphone+Ipod for cameras.

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I didn't think even the iPhone 4 still camera was all that great. It is still no replacement a real camera, even a basic point and shoot.

I've very happy to get a quick and dirty cam for the back for quick Facetime shots and things like that. Also won't eat up as much storage space if I keep a bunch of pictures on there I shot of my daughter and stuff.

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

From the specs:

[​IMG]

8. GL2 macrumors member

The lack of a decent still camera in the Touch and a 128GB storage option is going to keep me from buying one. Maybe next year's update will bring what I need.