What microphone is this (American Nobody)?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by majordude, Mar 21, 2009.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I'm impressed with Jon Peter Lewis and his American Nobody "show".

I've seen his videos and he uses Flip cameras and a separate mic. Attached is a photo of it.

What brand/model is it? Is that snow ball thing that they sell in the Apple Store just as good?

And how does he do what he does? Record the audio in a separate file and then combine them during editing? I've never done it and it seems difficult to do. What do you suppose he is using to record the audio?

I have iMovie and Final Cut Express. Are either capable of making a show like this or do i need FCP?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. filmweaver macrumors regular

I have a mic called M-Audio Producer USB and it looks very similar. It is used via USB port and you can record via Garage Band audio track. I think you can export it from Garage band and import it into FCE and combine audio tracks. I don't have FCE but I do have FCP and have done this in it. Just a thought and my 2¢.

3. -DH macrumors 65816

Why would you care what mic it is? The audio quality on his videos really sucks. Anyone with can make a show like that ... no talent or skills required.

-DH

4. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Well, I have a Flip and let me tell you that mic sounds better than the Flip.

5. -DH macrumors 65816

It isn't just the mic he's using, it's his micing techniques and the seemingly total lack of audio post-production.

-DH