what mode do you put it on when you wear it over night?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by heifetz7, Sep 22, 2016.

1. heifetz7 macrumors member

I'm using the watch for sleep tracking (using sleep++). I found that sometimes I would accidentally activate the screen because I'm pressing the watch against something while I'm asleep. What mode do you guys put it in to prevent it from doing this? I also want it to not "raise to wake" at night. Is there a way to do this automatically, like how you can schedule "do not disturb"?

2. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

I honestly just turn the brightness down and use the modular face with all the complications turned off and the color set to red. That way if/when it comes in it doesn't light up the room.

3. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

That's what I do, too, and it's the same face I use for the movie theater.

OP, "Do Not Disturb" has nothing to do with whether the screen comes on or not. It only limits which notifications or calls come to the watch.

If you're looking at the watch light up at night, you're not sleeping, are you? When's the last time you looked at something while you were asleep?

4. heifetz7 thread starter macrumors member

Does putting it on airplane mode save battery?

Apple should put in a quick "night mode" option on the watch to turn off raise to wake and also turn on other night features.

5. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Yes, because it disables the radios in the watch. Not much to worry about, though, because it only uses about 5% overnight for me. Besides, if the phone tries to notify me of something (like the alarm to wake me in the morning), the watch won't receive it if it's on Airplane Mode.

Maybe. But it's kinda nice to see the time so easily as I'm trying to un-snooze myself in the morning (and specifically for me, because I can't see a damned thing more than five inches away without my glasses).

6. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502

Can't you use the lock feature or do you still get notifications?