What mode should I use when sleeping with AW2?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Cassady, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Cassady macrumors 6502a

Cassady

Hello all,

Been playing around a bit with Sleep++. Probably not something I'll keep doing - but for now, sees me sleeping with my AW2.

Comments about the above app, suggest switching on Airplane mode to save battery. TBH, hasn't really been an issue for me, since a quick 30 min charge in the evening, and again in the morning, is more than sufficient to see me make the day (and night time) with battery.

My question is rather - what mode would prevent it from lighting up the room, when I move my wrist?

Could the Swim-mode be useful here - or would it still trigger raise-to-wake? Or should I simply switch off the latter (raise-to-wake) when going to bed? Any suggestions?

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I would use Raise to wake. Siri can also toggle this on or off for you.

3. Fenway macrumors newbie

Fenway

I turn off the raise to wake. Also while in bed, i turn the crown slowly and it will go from very dim to normal bright. I also use Heartwatch. Its a good monitor for cardiac monitoring. I put settings in the dock for easy access too.

4. Cassady thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cassady

Did not know about this? So, just from your main watch face - at night - turn the crown slowly and the brightness goes down?

5. Eddie3345 macrumors member

Eddie3345

i really like this feature. Yes if you turn it just a little the screen dimly comes on and if you wanted to turn the screen off scroll it "back". if you want to go full brightness scroll up like when exiting swim / lock mode and the screen will be at full brightness.

its funny how we all use our watch at night for light. what i personally do at night is turn off wake to rise then use a simple face just the watch hands and thats it so when i need light its enough but not too much.

6. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I don't change any settings, but I use a Modular face with just the time displayed and in an all-red color.

I'd like an analog face with minimal markings and all in red, too, but all of the hands are in white and can't be changed.