What mountain is shown on the MacBook and iMac?

jbachandouris

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Probably the wrong forum section, but I wasn't sure where it belonged.

The yellowish mountains wallpaper found on the iMacs on display and MacBook: where is that? I searched and all I could find was that the file name was called cirque (mounatin?) which isn't very helpful. Anyone know?

jbachandouris

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I don't think its Mt Fuji. Isn't it in America. I've wanted to know the answer for some time, but I never thought to post. Funny thing is no one in the Apple Store knew either.

Blinded

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2009
I don't think so either, I edited my post "cuz I'm not learnded with dem fancy books and such". I apologize as I'm no help.

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

The yellowish mountains wallpaper found on the iMacs on display and MacBook: where is that? I searched and all I could find was that the file name was called cirque (mounatin?) which isn't very helpful. Anyone know?
Do you mean Mac OS X Lion wallpaper? It's Mt. Fuji volcano in Japan during sunset.

Attachments

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Nahanni National Park, Northwest Territories Canada

Last edited:

princeb71

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2013

The mountains are in Canada's NW Territory. They are a cluster of peaks and sheer walls of granite in the Nahanni National Park Reserve, which is within the Mackenzie Mountains, named The Cirque of the Unclimbables. Hence, the photo title Cirque in OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.