What mouse can I use without needing to use a USB port?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by someone28624, Nov 21, 2008.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I want to get a wireless mouse for my macbook, but I don't want to need to use a USB port at all. Are there any cheapish ones I can use with the internal bluetooth? Huge plus if it comes in colors, as well.

I like this one, but I don't think it will work without me using their receiver.

2. belvdr macrumors 601

I've got the MS Laser Mouse 8000 and it works with regular BT as well. It did come with a dongle too and I just had to hold down the connect button until the lights on top started alternating. I'd google around for that model and see what you find.

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well there is always the Apple BlueTooth Mighty Mouse that works with any BlueTooth enabled Mac. Probably doesn't meet your desire for one being cheapish, but it is sure popular.

And in a play on Henry Ford's quote- it comes in any color you want, as long as you want white.;)

4. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Will any bluetooth mouse work?

5. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

6. steveca macrumors 6502

Yes go ahead... any bluetooth mouse will work

7. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I got a great deal and bought three Logitech BT Mice for $29.99 each.

These are wonderful little critters which I bought about a year ago. I had three notebooks at the time. Now, I am down to two... Anyways, the really great thing about this mouse is I set it up first in Mac OS X on my MacBook. Then, I boot into Windows Vista via Boot Camp and set it to use the mouse with the "No Pass Key" option. If you set it to auto select a pass key, then you have to re set it up every time. But by using it in Windows without the pass key, it just works in both OSes perfectly. It is not too big nor small. It blows the Mighty Mouse away as it feels good and not too loose or wimpy.

Did a quick search based on this info on bottom of mouse:
    Logitech
    M/N: M-RBB93
    P/N: 852555-0000

found this link: http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Logitech-Refurbished-M-RBB93-Wireless-Wheel-Mouse

Didn't buy it there but was first link that showed the mouse at Google.

Best wishes with your mouse HUNT!

8. Bill P. macrumors regular

+1

I’ve been using this mouse on my home Mac for about a year and like it very much. I use the MM at work, but it takes some getting used to as you have to lift your hand off as you push one side or the other...

9. emt1 macrumors 65816

I use the same mouse... but in blue. I love it.

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

That's the one I have as well. I don't get why people like the Microsoft meeses so much. Last MS mouse I bought was a piece of poo. My Apple WMM has done nothing but work for more than 2 years. Needs a ball cleaning and battery recharging every now and then, but that's it.

11. belvdr macrumors 601

Meeses? My MS mice have always lasted years.

12. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Real mice don't have balls.