What mouse do you use?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bluegiz90, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Bluegiz90 macrumors member

So this being my first MBP, I've been looking for a great Bluetooth or just general wireless mouse to go with it. Been considering the MX Revolution Mouse by Logitech but I dont like the idea that it takes up a USB Slot, so wanted to opt for a bluetooth mouse.

So what mouse you guys use and how you find it?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Still the MX Revolution. Haven't found a comparable replacement in 4+ years.

3. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

4. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

5. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I got very used to using the MBP built-in trackpad. I used to HATE trackpads (was a die-hard IBM/Lenovo 'nubby' lover prior to the MBP series). I mean LOATHED trackpads with a passion. But this one will really grow on you if you give it a chance. That and you never have to take your hands off the home row while typing makes it a very intuitive and efficient system.

But if you must go with a mouse, most Mac users really admire the Magic Mouse, partially because you can still do the trackpad gestures with it. But if you want to go a different route, I've had good luck with a 3 year old Logitech bluetooth and an equally old Kensington bluetooth. They work just fine when I want an external mouse...which isn't often. The Logitech does a good job of sleeping when not in use and the MBP seems to re-recognize it just fine when it 'wakes up' on movement.

6. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Razer Orochi which I got for my birthday. I replaced a Logitech Nano VX with it cause the Nano is crap with any game if you use the mouse wheel, it's one of the those micro gear ones and is way to sensitive, playing Crysis in bootcamp was a nightmare.
    The Orochi IMO has better build quality, uses bluetooth or you can attach a USB cable for very silly performance.
    I do tend to just use the trackpad for browsing the web though.

I think if I had the Magic Mouse I would just end up throwing it out the window LOL. I cannot stand it, hate it.

7. someoldguy macrumors 68000

Logitech v470 . Never loses connection , just works. Costs around 50 bucks. Batteries seemingly last forever so long as you flip it off after you shut your laptop off.

8. FangBianMian macrumors member

FangBianMian

Magic Mouse - I really can't imagine using anything else now.

9. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I can't imagine using a mouse. I've been a Mac user for years and have all the keyboard shortcuts down cold. It's far and away faster than using a mouse or the trackpad. Then when I do choose to use the trackpad, this is one of the finest of all laptops. The array of gestures one has to choose from are very useful... :)

10. mattgoldey macrumors member

Razer DeathAdder for gaming. Built-in trackpad for everything else.

11. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Logitech Performance MX...had an MX Revolution before this.

MX Revolution was a slightly better mouse, but sadly not made any more.

12. AV8TOR macrumors regular

AV8TOR

Logitech Anywhere mouse.

Never looses connection and is easy on batteries. Lots of programmable buttons to take advantage of some nice Mac tools.

13. itsbrad macrumors newbie

Logitech MX1000 is what I use. It is ok, but mine was free(with 2 matching keyboards) so I can't complain

14. torpy macrumors regular

Logitech VX Revolution and I love it to bits. Don't know what I'd do if it craps out, I don't think they make them anymore.. (and I can't stand the 'new' VX nano)

15. migsev macrumors regular

Razer Orochi for gaming and PS/Prem. Small and portable, both Bluetooth and USB, comes with a pouch. There are decent drivers for both Mac and Windows too, although you need Windows to update the firmware.

Trackpad for everything else.

16. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

I'm with you there. Best mouse I've ever used.

Unfortunately it's starting to act strangely now and then, but new ones are pretty expensive since they aren't produced anymore. Wish I bought a spare a while back.

17. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I have both a Magic Mouse and a Logitech v470 Bluetooth mouse. I really do like the touch controls of the Magic Mouse but the tracking is absolutely horrid. I've tried a couple of third party apps to improve things and the speed picks up but it's still just not very precise. The Logitech has a mechanical wheel for scrolling etc. which I don't like compared to the MM but the tracking and precision of the Logitech make it a dream to use. If I only had one mouse it would be the v470.

My summary of the MM is that it's like a car with a precision engine, performance tires, but steering so erratic it can't stay on the road.

18. davige macrumors member

Macally BTMouse2. Basic, good size for big hands.

19. brucem91 macrumors 6502

I switch between 3 mouse on my MBPu. I switch between the Magic Mouse, Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, and the Apple Puck Mouse(Yeah).

20. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

i use a VX Revolution which is a bit old, but I got it for like $50 AUD, so it serves me well enough. Can't imagine using a magic mouse myself, but there you go.

21. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

22. harmonica01 macrumors 6502

aye magic mouse is superb, I just wish they had a wired version of it
    cant stand the mighty mouse scroll ball always gumming out

23. ztrafe macrumors member

24. drossad macrumors regular

I use the MX1100. It's a step down from the MX Revolution but it's the perfect size and cheaper.

25. Vursz macrumors newbie

Magic Mouse ftw....it's totally worth the $70. You'll get used to it in no time.