What music service do you use?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by OvOHaak, May 9, 2014.

1. OvOHaak macrumors newbie

OvOHaak

With so many different music services out there, Spotify, rdio, Google Play Music, Beats music, etc... Which do you usually stick to? And why?

I personally use Spotify premium, I love music can't love without it. The only complaint I have with spotify is I can't Stream my own personal music I upload to spotify, my own personal music must be downloaded to my device, taking up a lot of space on my phone... Especially with my 6200 tracks..

2. iolinux333, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 12, 2014

iolinux333 macrumors 68000

3. Alphabetize macrumors 6502

Alphabetize

I use the iTunes Music Store more than any other music service, I like to own my music. I really like Spotify too, but after listening to a song enough times on it, I end up buying it from iTunes. Much of my music isn't readily available online, so I still have to hunt down the rare CDs from time to time for the highest quality.

I also use Google Play Music. I uploaded my entire iTunes Library to Google Play, so now I always have my music on any device, anywhere.

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I use Spotify Premium as well in addition to my iTunes Match. More often than not, I use my own library rather than Spotify. The only time I use it is when I want to listen to something I don't have (of course), but usually if I like it enough, I'll get and put it to my iTunes library.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

CDs and iTunes for stuff that I know I want, and Pandora for discovering new stuff.

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

iTunes radio and just my own collection of music.

7. eattherich macrumors 6502

eattherich

I currently use Spotify as Telekom (a German carrier) gave me two years of Premium as part of my my iPhone 5s contract. I couldn't argue with that but at first I really didn't like the design, especially after coming from Rdio. Now that Spotify 1.0 is out, however, I'm happy again! :)

8. jeffe macrumors 6502a

9. matttye macrumors 601

10. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

iTunes Radio and just music I own too. Radium for internet radio.

11. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

iTunes Radio works the best to me. It's integrated with iTunes Store and my Apple ID and syncs between all devices. Plus, no extra app to download.

12. rsnapeuk macrumors regular

Spotify Premium

Use Android so it's easy to get music there, music I listen to changes so frequently no point purchasing.

Only £5 a month (student discount)

13. Steve at Jobs macrumors newbie

Google play music all access. I like it a lot, especially for $6.5 which I pay for it.

14. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

ITunes Radio and I use TuneIn for local stations.

I used to use Pandora but switched once iTunes Radio came out. Almost as good as pandora with music selection. Easy to use and I can launch individual stations with Siri and I like the fact that there are no on-screen ads (don't mind commercials that much).

15. cube macrumors G5

I had Spotify Premium with my iPhone but when I switched to BB10, their Android app would not work at the time there, while Deezer had a Made for BlackBerry app and gave me 50% off Premium+, so I switched.

I understand since BB 10.2.1 which has additional native Android support, the Spotify app works, but I'm not going to pay double, specially when they don't really support the platform, even having to put up with Deezer's quirks.

16. cynics macrumors G4

I still use Pandora. Mostly because it's pretty easy on data use. Not that I care about data use but I find other services buffer a lot more then Pandora and that drives me nuts.

17. 504A! macrumors member

504A!

use Rdio alot and sometimes pandora in the car

18. Rodster macrumors 68040

I tried the premium Pandora and I wasn't impressed with the audio quality. I also sampled some of the others including Spotify, MOG and others. I prefer Apple Radio on iOS 7 and I will try their paid service when they announce it.

19. wsc9005 macrumors regular

20. Buddygor macrumors regular

I love Spotify. The new iPhone and Mac apps are really sleek, and instant access to whatever you want for a relatively cheap monthly price is pretty fantastic.

21. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I just use iTunes Match. When I am in the car it's either the iPod or SirusXM. All of which are commercial free and that's important to me.

22. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

iTunes Radio and Spotify. When I hear something new that I like on iTunes Radio I add it to my Spotify playlist.

23. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I have had a subscription to Rdio, Spotify, and Google Music All Access before. Now I just mostly listen to my own music through iTunes and when I want to just put background music on I play iTunes Radio. I also pay for iTunes Match so my music is backed up and I get no ads in iTunes Radio. I can't stand hearing ads when I am listening to music.

24. afsnyder macrumors 65816

iTunes radio because I don't feel like downloading Pandora and it's right there pre-installed on my phone and computer....

25. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

My own music in iTunes or standard fm radio. Not enough data for a streaming service, and I still have an iPod Classic. I use an fm transmitter in my car for road trips, otherwise it's the good ol radio. I've been looking into installing an aux connection in my 07 toyota corolla, but I need to find the right parts to add to the factory stereo.