what music takes priority when syncing whole library?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eisenfaust2009, Feb 28, 2011.

1. eisenfaust2009 macrumors newbie

my ipod touch battery is screwed up so when it is syncing, the ipod turns itself off and restarts itself after syncing every now and then.

to my surprise, i was listening to a song and it said "error, cannot sync b/c ipod turned off" or something like that.
    I was syncing 2400 songs to my ipod(i factory restarted it) and the ipod reset at the exact same song i was listening to. Usually, ipod resets after 400 songs of syncing. My question is, when syncing, how random is the order it is synced in? I know it is not alphabetically nor is it number of plays (when syncing whole library into ipod). Was it so because the computer probably found it easier to sync a song which was already in RAM(ie i was playing it) so it tried to sync it?

BTW, the song i was listening to didnt get synced until like after 1500 songs. So that to me suggests that it is pure chance, 1:2400 or there is some other logic behind it. Can you please explain?

I know it seems pointless but i am very superstitious.

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

it may depend on your settings, but I know mine has synced alphabetically by artist (and inside artist, it syncs alphabetically by album, and then in order of tracks on the album)

3. alent1234 macrumors 603

i have 3 smart playlists for every genre

basic playlist of all artists, one for unplayed and one for favorite songs. the fav songs are 5 star rated, others have no ratings. i only sync the unplayed and fav songs playlists to my iphone.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Not sure, I manually manage and can only fit less than a third of my library on my 32GB 4. What are you superstitious about here?