What new feature do you want most?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RobinHood5, Jun 9, 2012.

?

If you could have one of these features on the new iMac which would it be?

1. 30gb SSD Standard on all models

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. BlueRay OOD

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Retina Display

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  4. Intel i7 Extreme Edition 6-core Processor

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. RobinHood5, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012

RobinHood5 macrumors regular

If you could have one of these features on the new iMac what would it be?

*if you would like to add an option just comment

2. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

I am really sold on the idea of an SSD for the OS and critical system files. The videos I've seen on the interweb have shown performance increases that are magnitudes above an incremental processor upgrade. The bottleneck in modern PC's is the fetching and moving of the data, not the processing of it. Bring on the SSD!:D

3. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

SSD's have been on the imac for over a year. I expect the same option for the new ones.

4. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

I didn't vote because the feature I want most isn't there. I want a redesign, that is my personal deal breaker. Spec wise, I want more RAM as standard.

----------

Would be nice for the ultimate versions to include a small one as standard though. But looking at Apples pricing of SSD's, I doubt it.

5. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

If I had to vote for one of these, I would go with the 30 GB SSD, but that's not big enough for my applications+the system. I would like to see a 64 GB or greater. Don't know if that's realistic or not.

6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I think a blade style SSD, same as in the Macbook Air, that's accessible through the RAM door would be awesome.

7. Geolink macrumors member

8. russofris macrumors regular

I voted for the retina (or 4K rather) display. I can buy an SSD if I need to. I can buy an external BD_ROM if I need to. What I can't go out and buy is a 27" 3840x2160 screen. I would !@#$ %^&* for a 4k screen on an iMac (though I fear the chickens might perish).

F

9. Fifteen20s macrumors regular

Hello, new user here.

I am waiting to buy my first Mac, bought a iPhone 4s and iPad 3 last month and found I like Apple much more then I ever thought.

I'll be upgrading a 6yo Windows box, the PC still serves me performance wise, I see the OS as the upgrade.

I'm hoping for a reasonable cost SSD, that's the only thing keeping me from buying a refurb.