What new features do you want in the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applereviewer84, Feb 10, 2012.

1. applereviewer84 macrumors newbie

applereviewer84

Beginning to find my 4 to be boring. What are some new way to bring the wow factor back to the iPhone?

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

It better knows how to cook bacon and when I demand it.

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Better battery life. That's all I really want right now.

4. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

Supposedly update 5.1 will improve battery performance.

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I'm jailbroken and I don't wanna lose my jailbreak by updating to 5.1. I doubt it'll change it that much anyway. I use my phone a lot so I think I need a hardware update not a software one

6. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

I have my doubts that software upgrade will cure the battery issue with the 4/4S, although my 4S's battery life isn't that bad to begin with. I could go 2 - 3 days without a charge just texting, calling and light browsing/gaming.

Hopefully the iPhone 5 will have an epic battery life.

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I text a lot and browse and use twitter, tapatalk etc so I charge every day and sometimes twice a day. I'm not saying that my 4S has a bad battery life, I just wish it could last a whole day with heavy usage.

Hopefully! :apple:

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

As said you could jailbreak it to open it up ?

Learn about doing this first.
    Lots of great advice on existing threads and tutorials on utube

With moderate heavy use i achieve a full days use on my iPhone 4.

I was thinking of the 4s or may wait for the iPhone 5.

i prefer to buy my idevices outright so I'm not locked into 18 or 24 month contracts with having to wait for the next contract upgrade window !

9. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Really, another one of these threads? FFS add your ramblings on to one of the 20 threads already started on this subject.

Wow a "new" member signed up to MR to ask this question... so what long time member wanted to ask a tired question so they signed up another user name? No cry for attention here.... move along.

10. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP99D-External-Blackberry/dp/B002YFDRHW/ref=pd_cp_e_0

It's like the size of an external hard drive and will charge you phone like 5-6 full times on one full charge. Yea, it's a pain to carry something like that around, but it's nice to leave it in your car/backpack so you can charge whenever.

But yes, better battery life would be nice.

11. ap3604 macrumors 68000

DAMN! talk about an a** whoopin right there :eek:

Pretty tough but I agree with your analysis ;)

12. cynics macrumors G4

No worries. You will never be accused of ever helping anyone on this forum ever. From noticing your post why do you even get on here? All you do is whine about everyone's post like a child.

I'm almost tempted to ask you to find a single post on this forum that wasn't a half ass attempt to belittle another member.

13. Mkostera16 macrumors member

4 inch screen
    iOS 6
    Bigger battery
    4G
    New design

14. dylanursula macrumors 6502

A new design, slightly bigger screen, widgets!, and better battery life.

15. gadgetmonster macrumors regular

1)larger screen size with no change in phone dimensions.
    2)LTE
    3)return to tapered edge design of the 3GS
    4)Reduced thickness
    5)better battery

16. cynics macrumors G4

So far these are features other phone have had for years. Can you guys actually think of something new and exciting?

Btw I can't lol

17. Hastings101 macrumors 68010

Hastings101

Better battery. I know the iPhone 4S isn't any worse than most smartphones when it comes to this but I should get more than an hour of use if I decide to play a game with 3D graphics. I'm not asking for a ridiculous battery like in the Razr Maxx but Apple needs to do better on the iPhone 5 and bump up to at least a 2000mAh+ battery.

18. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The new feature I want is for it not to be called iPhone 5 since that makes zero sense to me.

19. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Always thought it would be the iPhone 6 as well, but it seems like the public has already deemed the name to be iPhone 5.

20. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

-Voice navigation
    -Even more integration with Gmail
    -A revamped keyboard (it is so long overdue)
    -other stuff.

----------

Good observation.

And @DroidRules... gasp, someone creating a thread about a similar topic in an open forum where you're allowed to basically post anything you want.
    People complaining about repeat threads are, personally, more annoying than the repeat threads.

21. dvoros macrumors 6502

new iPhone features

longer battery life and a 4.5-4.7 inch screen:eek:

22. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if it WAS called the 5 since that's what the public expects. On that same token, Apple doesn't like to give the public what they expect/want, so you never know!

23. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I've thought about getting one those mophie juice packs which you plug in. Probably won't charge it 5-6 times but I can recharge the pack every night and it's a lot smaller than this. Anyone ever used it?

24. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Yeah, they are pretty good. Effectively double the charge of your phone if you buy the bigger one (the name eludes me right now, the one I am referring to is not the "air" - the air gives you an extra 75% battery.

25. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

It is called the Mophie air plus. And it will charge your battery to 100% and more from 20% I have two so that I never have to charge my phone with the wall charger. This works great for me especially with the way 5.0 messed up the great battery life of the iPhone 4. I brought one in the store for 80 dollars and then I got smart and brought the other one from eBay for 45 dollars and I got the color of my choice which I wasn't able to do in the store they never have any color but black.