What new features will they add in the rMBP 2013. Predictions!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zipur, Sep 12, 2012.

1. zipur macrumors 6502

Assuming the Mayan's just got tired of the calendar work assignment. What new feature would you like to see in the next refresh of MBP?
    For me it would be the latest fade for electronics' - MacbookBeats by Dre.
    This would get every high school kid to demand a 3000 laptop. Just so they could be like their friends. Next a micro fission battery. Only one needed.

Ever!

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

lol they just came out with refresh like 3 months ago.
    Next wont be an refresh but an update.
    Probably CPU and GPU bump nothing else.

For the next complete refresh, I have no clue.

3. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Updated display (IGZO) which provides improved brightness.

CPU upgrade to Haswell, GPU upgrade, possibly updated RAM and SSD options depending on what component prices do between now and then.

Increased battery life due to IGZO display and Haswell.

5. Soulweaponry macrumors 6502

What can we predict for the 2013 rmbp?

Price cut and to replace the $1800 pro 15 inch? 512gig ssd standard? More ram or same? Let the "pulling random prediction out of our ass" begin!

6. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Nobody can really say unless it's the suggestion of architecture implementations like Haswell, etc.

I think it would be horrible if they did away with the regular 15'' MBP. I can see it eventually, all of the models in the MBP line being un-expandable, thinly designed models that sacrifice certain hardware such as the optical drive in order to achieve such a design.

It's going to happen eventually in my opinion, it's kind of depressing.

7. george-brooks macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

Siri, front and rear iSightHD cameras, lightning, passbook, facebook integration

8. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

Non glue battery. i mean if apple use the battery screw as in the cmbp. i would be all over it.

9. Mac-Tech macrumors regular

Mac-Tech

Just wondering what is the clearance between the keyboard and the screen when a Retina MBP is closed?

10. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

11. rMacBookPro macrumors member

I just think they're gonna upgrade cpu&gpu.

I'm looking forward to a price cut, but doubt it.

12. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

It's possible - The MacBook Air was very expensive when it first came out, but they cut the price way down to make it feasible for the masses to buy.

13. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

It'll get Haswell, which will increase performance and battery life as that's Intel's entire aim with the chipset. That said, it'll be all of a 10-15% increase at best.

New GPU, but again, real-life results will be maybe 10% better, and that's if there is a new card available at all by then. If not there's the potential the 650M/900Mhz will be around for the next generation too.

Beyond that, I can't see many changes. Perhaps IGZO if the production yields are high enough and the cost the same to Apple, but again, that might wait another cycle. SSDs won't be that much cheaper in a year, so I still expect 256/512/768 as the options, maybe at a slight discount from today.

However, Apple could also retire the cMBP and release lower-grade retina machines. 128GB SSD? Dual-core i7? 4GB RAM? Integrated GPU only? Couple this with a 13" model and it could be the end of the optical drive in Apple's notebooks.