What next?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by G4L, Apr 10, 2008.

1. G4L macrumors newbie

I just downgraded to 1.1.1 yesterday and jailbroke it. What should I do now? Summerboard says that you need 1.1.3 to install it. Also, I think I don't have all the apps that I should have on installer, why is this?

2. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

There is should be a 1.1.1 Summerboard. There was when I jailbroke mine a while back. You might have to install some tweaks before you get summerboard though, I don't remember 100% though.

In order to get different apps, you need to add sources.

I had a jailbroken iPod touch a while ago but haven't had one for months so I can't really help you out with that. Try googling it. Just look for "iPod touch installer sources". I'm sure someone is going to post a source for you though.

What kind of apps are you looking for?

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

if I am not mistaken, the older version of summerboard should be in the installer under "summerboard(old)"

4. G4L thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah eveythings good now but when I try to install something it says package download failed.what should I do to fix this problem.

5. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Does the 1.1.4 JB not work for you? I would of though that being on the current firmware would save some of the incompatibilities you mention.

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Some people want 1.1.1, becouse they believe it is more stable for 3rd party apps *shrugs*

7. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Ah well fair play

8. G4L thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't even know you could have a 1.1.4 jailbroken. Would it be easy to do now that I have a 1.1.1?

9. z0n3x macrumors member

yes very easy.

you will need to upgrade to 1.1.4 which you can get:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....2_Restore.ipsw
    --I think that will work because it is a restore, if not just update through iTunes.

Then follow the pwnage guide very carefully and you will have a JB iTouch.

I did it with my 16gb 1.1.4 OTB touch a yesterday.

10. G4L thread starter macrumors newbie

and will my installer work then and not give me the package download error?

11. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

should. You can also use ziphone, or iliberty+ if you want a one click meathod

12. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

I would recommend ZiPhone or iLiberty over Pwnage, it's a lot more hassle and the former two are one click so :)
    ZiPhone also installs OpenSSH and the BSD Subsystem straight out which is a nice touch.

13. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

ah but dont forget pwnage is different sort of jailbreak as it creates custom firmware were as liberty and ziphone just do a bog standard jailbreak.

as for the original poster, go to itunes update to latest version firmware and youse as suggested ziphone or liberty+.

personaly I prefer ziphone as I found it more stable than liberty+ after jailbreaking