What nice feet you have!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by natebookpro, May 2, 2009.

1. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

I dont know if anyone else noticed this, I did a quick search and didn't see anything. I would have to say one of my favorite things about my Aluminum Macbook compared to my old MBP is that the feet keep the laptop high enough off the table. Every MBP I ever had I ended up with some little grain of something scratching the bottom because the feet weren't tall enough. Just thought I would share!

2. Knolly macrumors 6502a

<- Is so overprotective of his MacBook he is saddened that the feet get scratched.

3. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ha. Yea I noticed the little wear marks on them, but better them than the aluminum. Or as the British say... Alumineeum.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Get over it, its just a machine. :p

The only way they could scratch is if you drag your computer across the table or something.

5. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one on MR who doesn't baby their mac :) I drag my computer around on the table all the time! :cool:

6. CarlisleUnited macrumors 6502

I have to admit to feeling saddened when I found out the feet weren't as silky smooth as they were when i first got my MacBook.

But you guys don't say Uranum, Sodum, Potassum, Calcum, Strontum, Helum, Lithum, Beryllum, Magnesum, Titanum etc. so why should it be Aluminum? It doesn't make sense :eek:

7. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

8. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I'm just glad that over 3 years in my iBook still has its feet. The Apple salesman I talked over the purchase with swung his PowerBook out of his bag to show how well it was holding up and he pointed out that the only thing which wasn't perfect about it was that it had lost its feet.

9. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

My MB has scratches on the underside.........it is bound to happen.....and its underneath it where no one sees it.......so im not too worried...

10. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

In Australia we say aluminium, it's not weird.

11. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

I'll have to agree with you, but only because you're from MD :rolleyes: lol

12. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha whatever it takes

13. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Well you shouldn't weigh things with measurements of mass.

EDIT: You guys don't use pounds and ounces do you?

14. CarlisleUnited macrumors 6502

We do use pounds and ounces here although the metric system is become more prevalent.

15. jgbhardy macrumors 6502

jgbhardy

O indeed it is and I can't believe we actually gave in and let the spelling be changed to sulfur! I did a while back change all of the Sulfur (Sulphur) wiki page to from sulfur to Sulphur(the true spelling). I got a few formal warnings.:D
    Honestly it is so annoying hearing all the of keynotes when Steve Jobs says Aloomenum:mad: so nice when you finally hear Jonathan Ive:cool:

16. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I was sad a week or two ago when my PowerBook finally lost one of its feet somewhere on campus while I was carrying it around; the little bugger nearly made it four years :(

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

oh alright. I just get tired of all the countries that use grams to measure weight. It doesn't even make sense! A gram is not a measurement of weight. That's like using velocity to measure how fast a car goes around a race track.

18. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

The gram is a unit of mass, as is the pound. The gram can also be a unit of weight, as can the pound. On Earth, for all intents and purposes mass and weight are equivalent.

No, it'd be like using mph or m/s (both units of velocity and speed) to measure how fast a car goes around a racetrack, and that's exactly what we do.

19. CarlisleUnited macrumors 6502

Just a slight correction right there, if a car did one lap of a race track and you where measuring its velocity it would be 0 so it's not the same. Velocity needs a direction and in this case that direction would have to be in a straight line.

The pound is a measure of mass. Weight is entirely dependent on mass but incorporates the effect of gravity, mass doesn't. While you may say that on earth there is no real need to distinguish between mass and weight, to state that a measure of mass (a gram) can also be a measure of weight (Newton) is very very wrong

20. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

that s how the germans and austrians pronounce it too

21. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

its just that americans are too lazy to say 5 syllables, so they just say aloooominum which has 4.

bit like them spelling colour as color and programme as program

22. philipxz macrumors regular

philipxz

23. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

You mean too efficient

24. Knolly macrumors 6502a

And these simple words were all it took to completely de-rail a thread...

25. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious