What noises does your macbook make?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by topher2889, Jan 9, 2008.

1. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

Just wondering what sorts of noises people's MB's or MBP's produce. My 7 month old 2.16ghz MB makes typical fan noise when the CPU gets hot but also makes a somewhat annoying buzzing fan noise when I'm in quiet rooms or I put my ear close to the exhaust port. Anybody else find this irritating?

2. LeftoverCrack macrumors member

i've had many fan issues with my macbook. the buzzing humming thing for me was because of an un-normally high cpu load caused by my printer. i've also had high pitched whines come from my unit but this was fixed with a firmware upgrade

3. letswastetime macrumors regular

the only real noise my 2.16 macbook makes is from the fan. i guess if you put yours ears close enough you can hear some slight humming but i think thats totally normal. doesnt really bother me because i usually have a gateway desktop in the same room which makes a lot more noise. :p

4. Beowulf666 macrumors regular

Beowulf666

I really don't hear any noises coming from my macbook. Maybe once in a while the fan will go off but other then that I really don't hear anything. If your unsure about a weird noise that you've heard, it might actually just be normal. There's a link on the apple website which plays sounds that the macbook makes which might sound odd, but are perfectly normal.

5. one1 macrumors 65816

Mine buzzes on startup where the HD SHOULD be .... even when there is no HD in there. (hit the power button with my elbow and turned the book on when there was no HD during my "downtime" while waiting for a HD to arrive).

Do all the MacBooks buzz from the general HD area on startup? (by the white sleep led)

I wonder what it is..... since it isn't the HD!

6. ivan1234 macrumors regular

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

my macbook pro core duo's magsafe plug makes a quiet high pitched sound sometimes when its plugged in. i dont even notice it most of the time.

but my screen makes a buzzing sound for about 30s after i wake it from sleep. the only way to make it stop is it wait it out or put the screen brightness up to full. this happened after my warranty finished so im just gonna live with it. actually leopard seems to have softened the sound a little and i have no idea why!