What non-Apple mouse can you recommend? Prefer bluetooth.

SnarkyBear

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2014
While the Magic Mouse that came with my iMac is functional, it isn't a good choice for some of my games. There seems to be a dearth of decent mouses out there that are (1) Mac compatible and (2) Bluetooth. My ideal mouse would have a couple of extra buttons on the side that can be programmed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Jimmdean

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2007
If you want a true gaming mouse I suggest forgetting Bluetooth. That would open up so many other possibilities. I personally prefer the Logitech G-series, but there is also Razer, SteelSeries, Corsair - lots of good ones out there.

ondert

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2017
Italy
Definitely Logitech MX Master 2S, if you'll use it with a laptop while traveling you might consider the smaller MX Anywhere 2S.
I have used many mice from different brands before coming this one. I did like Logitech M535 also. It is so compact and really light considering MX Master 2S.

BTW, I wish you have ordered it with a trackpad.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnarkyBear

Fishrrman

macrumors P6
Feb 20, 2009
I recommend that you choose a mouse that DOES NOT require bluetooth to connect.

BT seems to be a "somewhat weak" method for a reliable connection. Lots and lots of complaints about it here in the forums.

I'd suggest a Logitech mouse that uses their "unifying receiver" radio technology (some of these also can connect via BT, if you're dead-set on using it).

I've been a Logitech mouse user for many years -- after using their products, I would never settle for a ridiculous Apple mouse again!

Reactions: SnarkyBear