What now?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ddk121, Oct 14, 2007.

1. ddk121 macrumors 6502

Hey!
    I hve just jailbroken my iPod touch using iJailbreak. I want to now put some iphone apps on my touch. On my springboard, all I have extra is installer. How do I install extra apps?

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Countless threads on this.

They made a search function for a reason.

3. baummer macrumors 6502a

1. Download iPhone app files here (Weather, Stocks, Notes, Mail, Maps): http://filepanel.com/pupload/view/8

2. Download Maps and Mail frameworks here (GMM.framework and MobileMailSettings.bundle): http://filepanel.com/pupload/view/7

3. Login to your iPod Touch via Cyberduck and navigate to /Applications/. Next, copy the iPhone app files to /Applications/.

4. Navigate to /System/Library/Frameworks/ in Cyberduck. Copy GMM.framework to /System/Library/Frameworks/ (required for Maps app), and in similar fashion, navigate to /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/ and copy MobileMailSettings.bundle to /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/ (required for Mail app).

5. Open Terminal and login to your iPod Touch. Type:
    and then press enter.

6. Restart iPod Touch

4. ddk121 thread starter macrumors 6502

Guys please help, I'm nearly there. When i log in to my iPod touch using cuberduck, using the i.p address of my iPod, the username root, and the password alpine, two lists appear, library and media. I don't see /Applications anywhere. Please help!

5. leftover911 macrumors newbie

I did this, but when I started typping "chmod... etc." into terminal, it terminates the connection after I type "chm". Any help?

6. baummer macrumors 6502a

You have to specify / in the directory portion when connecting. Or, under the file menu, click the drop-down, and select /.

7. baummer macrumors 6502a

Try copying the command and then pasting and pressing enter.

8. egnigler macrumors newbie

so i get all way up to the end and log in to my ipod and type chmod -R a+x /Applications/* then it says glob6: not found any help????

9. baummer macrumors 6502a

Can you post a screenshot? Try logging in, typing cd / and then try entering the chmod command again.

10. egnigler macrumors newbie

same thing happens glob6: not found
    heres a screen
    [​IMG]

11. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Make sure you've installed Trip1PogoStick from Installer.app.

12. macbooker4444 macrumors newbie

I dont get it :apple:

I really want to install these apps, and im new to hacking, so i need alot of help....;)

I dont understand how to use cyberduck:confused::eek:.... and i need the rest in english please:eek:....

thankes

13. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

iPhone Native Apps
    BOTGOD's BLOG: http://www.botgod.net/ (Will remove link on BoTGoD or mod's request!)
    - Copy all .app folders into /Applications/ on your iPod.
    - Copy GMM.framework folder into /System/Frameworks/ on your iPod.
    - Copy MobileMailSettings.bundle folder into /System/PreferenceBundles/ on your iPod.
    - Log in to your iPod using an ssh client, then type this command: /bin/chmod -Rf +x /Applications/ (You MUST do this for apps to work!)
    - Read this thread if you're using Terminal from a Mac: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=368945

i use winscp, its easy

14. macbooker4444 macrumors newbie

OK thanks for the try but i still dont understand how to access the ipods folders, im on a mac by the way just to tell you if its different process...

15. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

google mac sftp, and download a program for it. http://www.fetchsoftworks.com/

16. TouchUser macrumors newbie

Good gracious... you are chmodding wrong.

Code:
    /bin/chmod -Rf a+x /Applications
    Try that... and enjoy.

17. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Odd that his chmod isnt in the path...the rest of the syntax was fine.

18. macbooker4444 macrumors newbie

OK nothing is working for me!

OK now im getting mad i have tried to read the intstructions and i figured out how to get to my ipod touches files..... and still i have copied the iphone apps to the ipod touches folder and nothing!... i did the terminal thing but i did it on my mac i dont understand if im suppose to do that on my ipod but i dont know how to anyway........ nothing here has worked yet......... if i cant get a solid anwser i think im just going to have to wait until this kid gets a version that installs the iphone apps to the touch...... why he didnt do that in the first place i dont know..... i hope he gets it on a new app by tomarrow....... tell me if this "solution for downloading iphone apps" has worked for anybody yet and tell me how.....

thanks

19. macbooker4444 macrumors newbie

by the way i had to restore my ipod touch 4 times now becuase of peoples misstakes and one of my misstake( i deleted the application folder:p) well i think ill wait for now just tell me if anybody has any new info. thanks:)

20. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

Yeah, for me I have had no issues. Two steps:
    Surf to TIFF site. (Safari crashes)
    Run touchfree.exe (prompts for reboot x 3 after around 8 minutes)

Done.

21. macbooker4444 macrumors newbie

so.... that lets you install iphone apps

22. LuckyJ13 macrumors newbie

Mail Crashing

Anyone having problems with mail crashing? I've got everything else working, and I've added a gmail account through the systems, but when I open mail through the springboard it hesitates and then closes. I don't know what's up?

23. twism24 macrumors newbie

cant enter password

i have jailbroken my ipod using touchFree for windows. I have put all the applications into the correct folders on my ipod using WinSCP for windows. For some reason i cannot open terminal. Gives me some kind of error message..."connection has been unexpectedly closed. Server sent command exit status 127"...I then try to ssh using PuTTY...it detects the ipod but wont let me enter the password...please help

24. Loftaris macrumors newbie

Flogging the dead horse

Alright, I know this is well done by now, but I'd like to know what's going on, cause I see a lot of people ALSO have the same question I do.

I installed maps just fine, it works, satellite, blah/blah/blah ...
    However, each time I try to run mail, it loads .. pauses 3 seconds, and goes back to the home screen

I've removed, and reinstalled the MobileMailSettings.bundle, chmod -Rf a+x /Applications/ ... still nothing

Did I miss something? anyone, please?

............ You know what.... I figured it out.

http://rs75.rapidshare.com/files/61867543/iPhone_1.1.1_Apps.zip

I was using a bad mail file! Try that link above....