What "official" apps are you waiting for?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bigpatky, Mar 24, 2010.

1. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

they released an official digg app today. i've been using a 3rd party app that had some issues. i'm assuming this app will run pretty nicely.

i prefer to use official apps over 3rd party apps. i'm still waiting/hoping on an official tivo app. i would also love an official nhl app like mlb at bat. maybe a google docs app instead of going into safari. what other official apps are you all waiting on? any others?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

A Netflix App, one that can stream over 3G. Or at least one that had the queue in it.

3. cyberguyiphone macrumors member

I looking for the official Location Free Player app by Sony so I can stream TV to my phone. Location Free player is like Sling box. Currently I can stream to my psp Or laptop. The official app for the iphone would be nice but i doubt it will ever happen.

4. bigpatky thread starter macrumors regular

bigpatky

i forgot about netflix. that's another one. there are tons of apps that have access to your queue but none that get it right.

5. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Nike+

The app only shows history for what's been recorded on that phone. I'd like to be able to check goals, challenges, and totals between devices.

Damn Nike for their Flash Web site!

6. DamFu macrumors regular

DamFu

Amen! Having the ability to upload runs from your phone would be a good feature also!

7. coolings macrumors member

Cox app where I can control DVR. Comcast beat Cox to the punch.

8. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I don't think you'll see an official TiVo app. They even promote/recommend DVR Remote on the TiVo website.

9. madagi macrumors member

• Adium!!!
    • Netflix
    • Domino's (in the US store)
    • NFL like MLB At Bat

That's all that comes to mind at the moment. Netflix probably won't happen for a while considering they've yet to allow you to be able to remove a user from your account, and they're just now getting around to allowing streaming on a Wii. They don't seem to have the most productive dev team. NFL will likely *never* happen seeing as how they have an exclusive deal with Sprint and I don't see that ending any time soon. Not sure why Domino's isn't in the US store since it's in the AUS store. Could really take or leave that but it'd be nice to have I guess.

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I wish all the sports leagues would do like MLB At-Bat. NASCAR won't because they're totally up the butt of Sprint to the tune of "Sprint Cup." That's sad considering the possibility of apps that could replicate scanners.

I really wish MLS would do it. It offers online packages and has good packages on TV with ESPN. I would easily pay $10 for audio broadcasts like MLB does. The NBA and NHL could also make a killing on this.

11. TomGolden macrumors member

TomGolden

I know there are at least 2 PDF readers out there already, but mayeb an actual Acrobat Reader App from Adobe themselves?

12. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

NFL
    NFL Hall Of Fame
    Baseball Hall Of Fame
    NHL (although The Hockey News app ain't bad)
    The Olympics
    CNet
    The Mustang Ranch
    The FBI
    The David Letterman Show

I see Mythbusters came out with an official app in the last two weeks. It's getting mixed review though, mostly because of the price ($4?)

Mike

13. mebx86 macrumors newbie

Windows Live Messenger n Google Talk official apps :p

14. MacProPIMP macrumors member

BBC
    Opera
    iWork for iPhone
    iMovie Mobile
    iPhoto Mobile
    iChat Mobile
    Stickies Mobile :D

15. Banquo macrumors member

I recommend IM+. It's great, never had a problem with it. Super-easy to use, and great push application.

Friend of mine uses eBuddy, swears by it.

16. edemcgrace macrumors newbie

I'm in for Netflix App too, I really need one cause every other alternatives of this app definitely doesn't do things right. I wanted to stream online like many other do. :confused:

17. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Google Voice. I detest Google, but it would be nice to have Voice be a native app, not simply saved as a bookmark on my home screen.

...and maybe I'm the only one on this, but I'd much rather be able to remove the official apps (Stocks & Messages, do I really neeeeeeed to look at you and let you waste precious space?) than to have any others available.