What ON EARTH am I looking at!? Graphics card? Processor?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by spaceboots06, Jul 5, 2009.

1. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Goal: To sell as much of my computer as possible.
    Problem: I don't know half of the things I'm looking at.
    Solution: Stare at them until they're too outdated or ask you guys for help.

Take a peek:
    [​IMG]
    I know the thing on the left is the graphics card, I think. If I were to sell the graphics card, does the fan go with it? Where does the graphics card "end". Is that the processor on the right? (Turn your head 90 degrees clockwise)

I've figured out the RAM and the hard drive so far, simply because they were labeled...

Any help is appreciated!

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

you could just sell the entire mobo.. because only the cpu and the ram and the HDD is detachable. the GPU is generally soldered onto the mobo.

3. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Shoot! I'll see if I can get someone interested on Craigslist. I was hoping to be able to detach everything and cleanly sell the parts.

4. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

5. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Looks like a gpu, cpu, motherboard, wifi card, heatsink + fan and some casing.

6. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

The thing that says WLAN is the wifi card I guess. Would you be able to point out the other things?

7. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i guess that the CPU and the gpu would be sitting around where the copper thing( heatpipe?) is. the fan should have the cpu underneath if laptop cpu's are mounted the same way as desktop ones with the heatsink fan going on top. we would be able to better identify things if you took slice pics of the mobo. like focus on a part of the mobo and snap. so we can more clearly read things.