Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaedee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
iTunes is telling that my iphone has 1.5gigs of memory dedicated to "other". I do have installer with maybe 7-8 apps, but i doubt they would even total 100MB combined. Anyone know what it could be?

Wavell

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
Essex, UK
I've noticed similar with my phone (not jailbroken) also - I've noticed that if I amend any of my iTunes track's details (e.g. artist, album etc) then when I resync with the phone, it moves across a NEW copy and removes the detail of the old from the iphone music list .. but I suspect it's not deleting the original file.

that's my experience anyway and if anyone has a fix for this (bar restoring the iphone to factory default) then please let me know :)

tny

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
Washington, DC
iTunes is telling that my iphone has 1.5gigs of memory dedicated to "other". I do have installer with maybe 7-8 apps, but i doubt they would even total 100MB combined. Anyone know what it could be?

How many email accounts are you synchronizing/checking, and how many emails are you keeping on the phone? I had about 800 MB on "other" until I disabled three of my email accounts and changed from keeping 200 emails to 100 per account, and then it dropped precipitously.

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
How many email accounts are you synchronizing/checking, and how many emails are you keeping on the phone? I had about 800 MB on "other" until I disabled three of my email accounts and changed from keeping 200 emails to 100 per account, and then it dropped precipitously.

ditto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.