What on earth could be taking up 1.5gigs of memory

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shaedee, Dec 13, 2007.

1. shaedee macrumors newbie

iTunes is telling that my iphone has 1.5gigs of memory dedicated to "other". I do have installer with maybe 7-8 apps, but i doubt they would even total 100MB combined. Anyone know what it could be?

2. Wavell macrumors regular

Wavell

I've noticed similar with my phone (not jailbroken) also - I've noticed that if I amend any of my iTunes track's details (e.g. artist, album etc) then when I resync with the phone, it moves across a NEW copy and removes the detail of the old from the iphone music list .. but I suspect it's not deleting the original file.

that's my experience anyway and if anyone has a fix for this (bar restoring the iphone to factory default) then please let me know :)

3. tny macrumors 6502

How many email accounts are you synchronizing/checking, and how many emails are you keeping on the phone? I had about 800 MB on "other" until I disabled three of my email accounts and changed from keeping 200 emails to 100 per account, and then it dropped precipitously.

4. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

ditto.