What on earth?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
WildCowboy said:
Close System Preferences, then look for a file called "com.apple.preferencepanes.cache"...I think it's in in <your user directory>/Library/Caches. Drag it to your Desktop and then try opening System Preferences again. If all looks well, you can go ahead and trash the file you dragged to your Desktop.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Close System Preferences, then look for a file called "com.apple.preferencepanes.cache"...it's in <your user directory>/Library/Caches. Drag it to your Desktop and then try opening System Preferences again. If all looks well, you can go ahead and trash the file you dragged to your Desktop.

Edit: Arrgghh...thanks, EricNau. Looks like I don't need to come around here anymore...my posts get posted anyway. ;)

superted666

Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
some stuff for my new digi cam - calico for photo stitching a trial of photoshop cs2 err onyx and i installed windows yesterday using bootcamp.

this is on a macbook btw

Anyone no where the icons are stored i can see a last modified date through terminal

superted666

Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
WildCowboy said:
Close System Preferences, then look for a file called "com.apple.preferencepanes.cache"...it's in <your user directory>/Library/Caches. Drag it to your Desktop and then try opening System Preferences again. If all looks well, you can go ahead and trash the file you dragged to your Desktop.

Edit: Arrgghh...thanks, EricNau. Looks like I don't need to come around here anymore...my posts get posted anyway. ;)
You star! sorted it out now, really confused about how it got there though?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
WildCowboy said:
It seems you have to answer that question so often you have it permently copied to your clipboard. ;) :p

I almost answered the question myself but it didn't seem quite right, so I made sure to give you the credit. ...After all, it's your official job here at MacRumors. :D

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
superted666 said:
You star! sorted it out now, really confused about how it got there though?
It's just a glitch with image caches...seems to be very common on the Intel-based machines for some reason.

Steve1496

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
This question seems to be popping up a lot lately, and its almost always intel Macs. I wonder if we should sticky the solution?

superted666

Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
ahh okay, hadnt noticed any posts about it before and search turned up trumps!

thanks for the help guys.

Much appreciated

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Steve1496 said:
This question seems to be popping up a lot lately, and its almost always intel Macs. I wonder if we should sticky the solution?
And put me out of a job? :( ;)