What one's the best buy...if any

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Stu9, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Stu9 macrumors member

2 MBP's...both the same price £1000 (UK) more/less same spec apart from one's got a i7 2.0ghz the other a i7 2.6ghz, both more/less the same age too ie 4-6 months

I've been reading the 2.6 being newer, is a bit quicker ect, but is it really so noticable.......does it matter.

My desktop's an i5 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, 250gb ssd....it's quick enough....how would either of the MBP's be in comparision

2. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

Not sure what exactly you are asking. You have a chance to buy 2 MPB's with same specs and the only major difference is a i7 2.0 vs i7 2.6 right? If its the same price why would you buy the 2.0 one?

The difference probably wont be noticeable in day-to-day tasks. Also depending on if either of the MPB's has an SSD, they may be slower opening files than your PC.

3. Stu9 thread starter macrumors member

I didnt say it right sorry

What i meant was.....i'm looking for an NBP 15 and saw 2 for sale, apart from from 1 being the i7 2.0 and the other a 2.6.....both are the same price, and just wondered if i would notice much diffirence in general speed ect

4. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

Thats how i understood it. If theyre the same price, get the one with 2.6. In general speed you probably wont notice, but if you encode video or stuff like that, you will notice.

5. seveej macrumors 6502a

seveej

Naturally 2,6 is faster than 2,0 Ghz, unless one's a dual core and the other's a quad core. Make sure.

If the core count is the same, whether the 2,6 will feel faster is dependent on what you do with it. Personally I prefer speeding up a computer with an SSD.

RGDS,