what options are available as a lighted keyboard for Mac Mini?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mcsolas, Jan 13, 2013.

1. mcsolas, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013

mcsolas macrumors regular

I have a usb powered Logitech lighted keyboard just like this one > lighted keyboard

Pretty happy with it. I am configuring a 2012 Mini.. but this question could apply to our iMac just as well.. Curious if anyone is using this keyboard, how well it works, what do you do with the windows key...

I am also looking for preferred options for lighted keyboards. :)

Ideallly, becuase its going in a keyboard tray that slides under a desk I have limits to how wide it can be and thus would probably prefer smaller keyboards... my current one is 18 inches/about 46cm. I am considering going smaller because I am also getting the magic pad.

Here is the first one I found: Razer

2. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I bought 2 of the lighted logitech ones that you first linked. One for my sister one for her boyfriend. My sisters has been working good for about a year her boyfriends had a non functional key after 1 month.

I wouldnt buy this keyboard again since you can get wireless backlit keyboards for the same price.

3. mcsolas thread starter macrumors regular

Bought 2 as well, only have 1 left. I broke a key while traveling off one of them, a book corner wedged into a key and that was all it took. I have been taking good care of my remaining one because I do like the keyboard overall its a pretty good input device.

Any specific wireless keyboards you recommend?