What options on a 13" MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Martylaa, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Martylaa macrumors member

If I buy a 13" new Retina Pro I am thinking of just getting the 128gb memory but upgrading to 8gb Ram, I have a 1TB external hard drive I can put most of my stuff on, or would you go the extra and get the 256 GB memory?

2. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Would deffo go 256gb 128gb is far too small and would fill up rather quickly

Not sure if SSD's are like spinny drives but performance suffers when the drives start to get not far off being full

3. scbond macrumors 6502

If you have the external dive always on and connected then you could possibly live with the 128GB storage. I personally couldn't though so it really depends on you as a person.

4. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

All 13-inch rMBPs have 8 GB of RAM as standard and there's nothing to upgrade beyond that.

5. finishmarketing macrumors newbie

256 gb for sure!
    more space is better

SSD is awesome compared to the other the regular drives because they dont slow down like the regular drives as much when filled with memory

you can go with smaller hard drive
    if your a minimal user, not to much software, or games installed

movies and stuff you can always just keep transferring to external
    but stuff you install cant be moved

so if you install lots of software and stuff go large
    if not , you can go small and be happy

bol

6. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

I've been so fixated on Apple not offering 16GB of RAM in the 13" rMBP that I didn't even notice that it only comes with 8GB standard :eek:

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'd definitely go 256 GB, I always find it a bit nicer to have more of my files on my internal HD.

8. newdeal macrumors 68020

for me 128gb would be fine even with a good portion taken up with bootcamp. I don't put that much media on my laptop and if I had a bunch then I would likely use a NAS anyway because if you have a lot of media even 256gb would run out quickly