What OS X font is messed up?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by blanka, May 14, 2013.

1. blanka macrumors 68000

[​IMG]

Since I replaced OSX default Helvetica Neue with a complete set, and tweaked a bit with the fonts, I have some glitches in dialog panels and in Adobe CS sidebars. Look above image, this is not the normal font, it should look like this:
    [​IMG]

What font is used for the layer-menu and AppleScript dialog boxes? I want to know where to search for the defect.

2. benwiggy macrumors 68020

What, exactly, did you do?
    Helvetica Neue is one of the system fonts that normally can't be removed (without a degree of intervention), as it is used rather extensively.

Add in Adobe, who have their set of fonts for various tasks (though I think the UI fonts are OS standards), and you have a lot going on.

If you replaced it with a different cut of HN, or with fonts that were "tweaked" in some way, then that is the likely cause of your problem.

3. blanka thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes, but the problem isn't with Helvetica Neue. And HN is still there, only a more extensive set.
    CS1 was written for OSX 10.2 Jaguar I guess, and there was no HN in OSX by then. So there must me another font missing, but I don't now which one it is. What font is used usually for Adobe palettes and Apple Script dialogs?