What other sites do you like for Apple news?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by NebulaClash, Dec 16, 2010.

1. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

I'm trying to beef up my rss feeds for Apple news, and I'm wondering what sites this community uses to get Apple news besides MacRumors. If you could please name your favorite sites, I would appreciate it and maybe we could share some good places to check out stuff.

2. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I never read MacRumors for Mac news.

TUAW and sometimes Engadget. I don't like the attitude of Engadget recently, and especially in the crowd it draws in the comments. But I'm sure you already knew of those two. :)

3. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I go to 4 technology sites many times a day, for Mac I go to MacRumors and 9 to 5 Mac. MacRumors seems more professional but 9 to 5 Mac is not as professional and more relaxed.

Then others, Engadget and Gizmodo. Engadget is the more professional, while Gizmodo is not as professional.

4. simsaladimbamba

ThinkSecret and AppleInsider. I rarely read the MR articles.

5. therealmathers macrumors newbie

Definitely 9to5mac.com. They seriously seem to break everything first.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Are you sure you've been online in a while? ;)

Personally I follow, MR, AppleInsider (not the greatest sometimes), Engadget, Touch Arcade and TUAW. For jailbreak news I follow iPhone Download Blog and Redmond Pie.

7. simsaladimbamba

Yes, just the day before, December 19th, I guess.

Anyway, I miss them.

They surely declined in quality, but that is what you get with hordes of new Apple products and customers and the so-called fanboys and more and more girls.

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Oh I miss them too. They had some amazing sources ... of course that's why they got shut down.

It's mostly their rambling I don't like. Their articles start out rehashing news for background, then give the actual story then ramble about whatever comes to mind it seems. Sometimes it's not even relevant. BUT, I follow them because every once in a while they have a source or insight that no one else posts about.

I'm not sure what you mean by "more and more girls."

9. therealmathers macrumors newbie

Oh, and those talking about AppleInsider. They're the worst. They lie, and they are scums. Don't read them. That is all. Fake names too.

10. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

AI and MDN. Once in a while I'll read Neowin if I want to remember why I dumped Windows and PC garbage-ware in the first place.

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I follow Neowin still. Great memories at that place ... that and it's design is beautiful. I love eye candy.

12. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

TUAW and AppAdvice (app). I have widgets/gadgets on my iGoogle homepage with the latest news on "Steve Jobs", Apple, iPad, etc. It works great and it's all in one page. That's how I'd see the latest MacRumors news before I joined the forums.

13. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

It *is* a nicely designed site, I have to agree. I had a good time there too back in the day.

14. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Daring Fireball and MacRumors, that's it. Apple news isn't that important to me on a day to day basis until I'm either starting to think of buying something for me or sometimes as a team... or I'm trying to do some research on software/OS developments that could impact on my field.

15. weckart macrumors 68040

Macbidouille.com sometimes has articles not found on other Mac sites. It has an English language version (Hardmac.com) but the French site is more complete and up to date.

16. NebulaClash thread starter macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

Thank you all for your suggestions. I've picked up some good sources from you.

17. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I actually rarely read Macrumors itself for news. I tend to go for Mashable, Engadget, Cult of Mac and Gizmodo.

18. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Sites I follow through RSS: Fudzilla, AnandTech and techPowerUp. They aren't Apple related but Fudzilla has some Apple stuff by time to time (e.g. the AMD rumor) and AnandTech has the best reviews, including new Macs and other Apple products. Of course, those sites provide other tech news which I care about, including CPUs, GPUs and things like that

19. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I can't stand MDN, it's the Pravda of the Apple world. :eek:

20. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I have a bookmark folder that I open every morning:

AppleInsider - occasionally the good article appears, but read everything with a grain of salt.
    Neowin - yeah it's pretty and iPhone friendly. But it has the slowest rate of new articles, most of them about MS. The true value of the site lies in the comments from readers when an Apple article is posted. Sheer hilarity at the ignorance; just makes me feel better when I feel I think I'm a fanboy.
    Slashdot - has articles for everything nerdy in the world, fantastic comment system. Usually something good to read up on, and usually learn something from it.
    Engadget/Gizmodo - just heaps of random nerd news to catch up on. Engadget is more techy, Giz is more nerdy.
    MR - great place, you know apart from the articles advertising apps.

21. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I always find something interesting to read on Gizmodo.

22. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

24. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

9to5 Mac and another vote for daring fireball.