What Paper-Fed Document Scanner To Buy?? Which is the best??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jstenn13, Jun 9, 2011.

1. jstenn13 macrumors newbie

I need to buy a paper-fed document scanner to use with my macbook pro. I could use opinions on which one comes with the best software bundle. I am going to be scanning in a ton of business cards as well as paper documents and receipts. How important is it to buy one that has TWAIN and ISIS? I know the Fujitsu one doesn't have TWAIN or ISIS but it still gets great reviews.....

I am thinking of choosing between these 4 models and I need help deciding which one to buy:

1. Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500M Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Scanner
    2. Canon imageFORMULA DR-2010M Workgroup Scanner
    3. Epson Workforce Pro GT-S50
    4. NeatDesk for Mac

I appreciate any and all feedback and advice you can provide me!!

Thanks!!

Josh

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I had a NeatReceipts scanner on Windows. When I got a Mac, I started getting interested in printers that listed Linux and OS X on the outside of the box and that's how I found Brother. We now have 4 brother printers ranging from a low end wifi monochrome laser printer in the hall between the kids' bedrooms to a color duplex printer in our office but my favorite is the sheet fed all in one because I use it for all my scanning these days. I have it set up to ftp scans to my Mac or to a NAS drive on our home network.

Take a look at Brother AIO laser printer/copier/scanners before you decide. For me, the feature I liked most about Neat Receipts was the ability to create a pdf file of a scan. That's fairly reasonable these days. The feature I liked least was it installed ms sql server to organize my scans. I prefer to keep them around as files and folders. Make sure you understand the software component of the NeatDesk before you buy.

3. jstenn13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a bunch for your advice! I appreciate you taking to time to help!

4. deific macrumors newbie

deific

Brother and Fujitsu

Make sure to look at the newest Brother all in ones because the scanning speed is substantially faster than the older ones and worth the slight cost difference when getting them via Amazon or other sources.

As for the sheet-fed scanners listed, I love the Fujitsu Scansnap S1500M. The software is very well worked out and is incredibly fast. Our office has two of the S1500Ms and one of the S300Ms.

5. jstenn13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered the Fujitsu!