What parts needed for 2007 MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NicoleRichie, Nov 13, 2010.

1. NicoleRichie, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

I have a 2007 Black Book (model A1181) C2D 2.2 Ghz. It has had a couple of issues surface recently. I know you cant diagnose it from your computer, but thought I would get a little help. I have also seen some conflicting information regarding what parts I need when i go to different sites.

1. Any time you move the screen angle you get a little flicker from the backlight. There is only one angle that the screen goes black, but if you move it gently back and forth you get the picture back. Is this only the inverter cable or is it the inverter cable and board? Any recommendations on a part supplier you have used to get this part (or recommend)?

2. The super drive will not read DVD's, just spits them out, but it will read CD's and rip them to iTunes. I am making the assumption that the Super drive is bad... If that is the case and I replace the super drive should I be replacing anything else while I am in there? Any recommendations on a super drive supplier that is reasonable? Thanks for your advice.

2. eman macrumors 6502a

1. Sounds like you need the inverter cable (cable goes from the inverter and logic board), you might as well order an inverter and the cable. You'll need to know which connector the inverter uses that connects to the logic board (there were two different types).
    2. Look for a slot loading super drive like, UJ-857, UJ-857-ca or GWA-4080MB (any of these will work). The macbook drives are not very reliable.

3. NicoleRichie thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, If you have any recommended part sites I would love to hear them.

4. eman macrumors 6502a