What parts will I need to replace my broken iPhone screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by falloutmike, Jul 25, 2013.

1. falloutmike macrumors newbie

My senario is a little different than most I am assuming.

I was replacing my home button on an iphone 4 and was screwing in one of the last screws and tried to close the back, but it wouldnt.

Turnes out I somehow switched two of the screws and used a long one that poked right through the middle of the phone and made a dent in the lcd screen.
    The glass touchscreen is totally fine. I tried turning it on and all is black with about 1/2cm at the top that is ok.

My question is... am I able to buy a new lcd screen and be totally fine. Because I also have a hole in the middle part of the phone through a piece of thing material, is that ok to have a hole in it?
    /
    What parts do I need to get my iphone 4 working again
    Hope the pictures help.

Attached Files:

2. falloutmike thread starter macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

I am wondering if i need to replace this part? of if it is ok to keep it like this?

3. falloutmike thread starter macrumors newbie

Also any tips for cheap places to get replacement parts?
    I am living in Japan right now

4. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

It is hard to tell from the pictures, but from the looks of it, you have a couple of options here. If you try to just install a new LCD Digitizer assembly into the original frame, you are risking that frame piercing, poking, or damaging the LCD of the new assembly. If you want to continue using the original frame (The one pictured), I would recommend smoothing out where the damage is so it is flush and won't damage a new LCD.

Or...

You could just buy a whole new mid-frame along with new LCD Digitizer assembly. As for purchasing a screen that is cheap... When it comes to screens, you get what you pay for. You pay for a cheap screen, and you will get a cheap quality screen. If you ARE looking for just a low price and don't care about quality, try eBay or Amazon.

Hope I was able to help.