Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 27, 2010
Seeing as how the resolution is gonna be 960x640 and rumors indicating a 512mb RAM

You can wonder what can the next iPhone run with these [unconfirmed] specs
So what video game would you like to see run on the iPhone [if it could]

Me: i would like to see Portal

Overkill: Crysis

NorrisKillsKids

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
I know they have Sonic 1 and 2 already but I want them to put sonic 2 that was on game gear. That one was awesome.

tuna

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Lets be serious here, until the industry settles on a gamepad caddy for the iPhone, action games don't work. The touchscreen sucks for it and your fingers take up half the screen on games that try. We need an iPhone gamepad with directional sticks, face buttons, and shoulder buttons.

But games for the iPhone as it is: Advance Wars!

And other turn based tactics games. iPhone doesn't work great for complex action gaming, but theres nothing wrong with using the iPhone for making selections on a map without any time element to the game.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
World of Warcraft.

Wasn't there a video a while ago of someone playing World of Warcraft on their iPhone?

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
USA
The rest of the Final Fantasy series.
I, II, and III are on iPhone. What about VII?

nick1516

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
Call of duty, I thought I saw something about a release when black ops came out, but I doubt it would be the full game.

One Love 1867

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2009
Sheffield, UK
None.

For me the iPhones strength as a gaming platform comes from imaginative new IP that best makes use of the iPhones hardware, portability and accessibility. Think Doodle Jump, Flight Control, Angry Birds etc..

I'd rather not see the iPhone degenerate into an excuse to shoehorn overpriced franchises into the App store for the cheap benefit of EA and Activision.

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
I'd like to see Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 (not 2 or 3) for the iPhone and iPad. I love that game so much! It would especially be perfect on the iPad, but still great on the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.